NBC Sports Edge Forums

CC Sabathia 2018 Outlook

mrfrood

Looks like hes inducing weak contact. Putting up respectable numbers. Last year was not that bad. Anybody out there think he can be relevant this year??? Anybody??

9 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

yes

its the cutter. hesa new pitcher

i wouldnt expect a ton of Ks, but he can get you some wins on a good yankees team

pretty much. A-Rod on Francesa mentioned that Jamie Moyer had the same results when switching from the 4 seamer to the Cutter. Moyer had one of his best seasons at around CC's current age. 

He won't give you K's, but he has value in QS leagues for sure as Yankees will rely on him. 15+ win potential is legit.

The crickets this thread is generating, are telling you posters that think this is a joke thread to pick CC up! This guy has been great so far!

I feel like I am living in the past with Cargo, CC, Hanley, and Braun on my team. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Great matchup for CC today. The Orioles are 28th in wRC+ and wOBA against LHP. They don't strike out a ton, but they also don't draw walks (28th in BB%). They are slightly better at home, but they are still garbage. 

yea but jones, machado, trumbo have really good numbers vs CC (12 bombs, 33 rbis, 55 hits, 173 abs)

3 hours ago, paintingtheblack said:

I'm starting him tonight, think hes got a good chance for a QS. 

Then we battle!  I've stacked right handed Orioles against him today - hes looked decent this year at times, but on the road, against a familiar divional opponent, with lots of right handed bats.  It is an afternoon game though, and those seem to be more pitching friendly at times.  We shall see!

• 4 weeks later...

If you're chasing Wins or Quality Starts down the stretch, give Sabathia a look. He just got the tough Boston game out of the way, it gets a lot easier in the next month.

Here's how his schedule lines up in August, by week:

@CHW, vs TEX

vs TOR

@BAL

vs CHW

September:

@OAK, @SEA

vs TOR

vs BAL

@TB

50 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

If you're chasing Wins or Quality Starts down the stretch, give Sabathia a look. He just got the tough Boston game out of the way, it gets a lot easier in the next month.

Here's how his schedule lines up in August, by week:

@CHW, vs TEX

vs TOR

@BAL

vs CHW

September:

@OAK, @SEA

vs TOR

vs BAL

@TB

mmmmm tasty, the wins and not kill you Ratios/not really any blowup starts is why ive been rostering him all season

Love the fact that when he started to go downhill around age 32-33 he resolved to reinvent himself and learn how to pitch with diminished stuff. We've seen so many guys basically just go home and count their money once they get that mega contract and their skills start to deteriorate a little bit... CC's too competitive and proud for that, though. 

6 hours ago, absknicks said:

Love the fact that when he started to go downhill around age 32-33 he resolved to reinvent himself and learn how to pitch with diminished stuff. We've seen so many guys basically just go home and count their money once they get that mega contract and their skills start to deteriorate a little bit... CC's too competitive and proud for that, though. 

Tackled his problem with alcoholism too.

Wow so glad this was released before lineups locked. And good thing I saw it because CC was in so many of my starting lineups.  Jeez my SP this week were already mostly terrible, this messed me up big time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived