NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I come into this thread and see a LOT of posts about how terrible Godley is doing.  I check my team and see he already earned me a QS, has only allowed 1 run with a 1.50 ERA through six while giving m

Might have to make my way up north soon!  ? 

*Owns JRam & Zimmer.  *Checks box score and sees 10 runs in 3rd inning   *Clicks on biz score and sees BOTH out of the lineup  

Seeing Castillo pump his fists after that K, he definitely strikes me as someone who needs to build confidence and isn't sure of his stuff. The sleeper and the bust guys talked about him getting rattled after having a really good changeup hit a few days ago. Is kind of a non-statement but think a lot of this is in his head and his mental game

Edited by loro1991
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, loro1991 said:

Seeing Castillo pump his fists after that K, he definitely strikes me as someone who needs to build confidence. The sleeper and the bust guys talked about him getting rattled after having a really good changeup hit a few days ago. Is kind of a non-statement but think a lot of this is in his head and his mental game

Garlando posted an interesting graphic in Castillo's thread showing that his velocity and spin rate is down on all his pitches so far this year as well so I think that while it is partially mental there are physical problems as well.  Hopefully it's just him getting warmed up but still it's something to keep an eye on if you're trying to wait out this drought. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

Garlando posted an interesting graphic in Castillo's thread showing that his velocity and spin rate is down on all his pitches so far this year as well so I think that while it is partially mental there are physical problems as well.  Hopefully it's just him getting warmed up but still it's something to keep an eye on if you're trying to wait out this drought. 

95-98 on his fastball tonight.  

3 minutes ago, whyamiajetfan said:

how long of a recovery is that? ...  i swear a black cloud follows me in fantasy sports

Hard to say. Severity varies. Could be nothing, could be a couple months. 

Not enough info yet. 

3 minutes ago, treat88 said:

Gotta hook Castillo soon. Anyone in the Cinci dugout learn a lesson from his last outing against MIL?

They fired someone for exactly that last time so apparently naw. His pitch count so high too, idk why they would leave him in

well I'll be. Benched a QS and a lot of K's. Can't fault myself for it given my matchup context this week though

lol @ people dropping him, though

Edited by loro1991
  • Like 1