• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

chris tillman has something to say about that

Trevor Bauer thinks so 

Late start announced. This sounds promising though.  

23 hours ago, taobball said:

Keeping an Eye On:

DAY:

Darvish continued ascent? Nope. 

Stroman gets to face an offense that is reeling. A strong 7 innings for the stro-show. 

Pomeranz continues his return against a struggling Danny Duffy. Talk about Duffy first. Terrible HR performance. Still getting his FB hammered. Pomeranz snakes away a QS but not a very dominant performance. Didn't get a ton of whiffs on FA or Curve. 

Blake Snell has VERY few walks in his last 3. If he keeps doing it he's one of the best pitchers in baseball make no mistake. I dont' think he keeps doing it at least to this extent, but keep an eye on it. Snell keeps it going in terms of BBs with only 1 BB. I watched some of the game. Command still isn't to me at that 1 BB range and there's a few times where he got lucky catching way too much of hte plate, but ultimately Snell's got four quality pitches and every start he has with good command raises his value a little bit in my eyes. Raw stuff wise Snell has one of hte deepest and most complex repertoires in baseball. 

(Klubot)

NIGHT

Marquis game: Dylan Bundy v. Andrew Heaney. Intriguing high end player and an intriguing under 5% owned option. Heaney is streamable, Bundy to me is a buy everywhere type, especially if owners soured after his first poor outing. I was all in on Bundy. Now I'm terrified. I don't think his arm can hold it. The Cleveland Indians start was utter mastery, but even in his demeanor I think he's lost something in his two starts since then. His Sinker (av velo before yesterday: 92.02) was down at 89.63 MPH. His Change and 4 Seam are similarly down. I'm no longer buying pretty clearly until he shows he's healthy. 

Castillo needs to start pulling it together. He's still showed some good signs throughout the year, but he needs to show a bit more. Other than being kept in too long, Castillo's last couple starts have been pretty good. He's still struggling with his stuff but he's starting to show signs. 

Severino v. Keuchel is a more "marquis" marquis game. Just not as much movement for each players' fantasy value. Severino nasty. Keuchel solid overall line against one of baseball's terror line-ups. 

Ryu and Godley is another good match. Ryu left with a groin strain. Godley looked solid again. Curveball looked great. 

slim pickns today:

Is Baria a streamer v. Baltimore as well?

Teheran has looked better.

Two guys who love throwing their breaking ball in Tanaka and McCullers.

Odorizzi v. one of my favorites in Reynaldo Lopez

Manaea in a tough matchup to end the day. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, taobball said:

slim pickns today:

I think Severino is one of the four best sps in the al along with verlander, sale, Cole.  And in dynasty he'd be my #1 target but that's factoring in mechanics, age,  etc. 

1 minute ago, WahooManiac said:

No Carrasco special this week.  Go Tribe

I watched his last start. 

He couldn't throw a strike with his fastball to save his life.   I think (hope) it was weather related as it was cold. 

2 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

I watched his last start. 

He couldn't throw a strike with his fastball to save his life.   I think (hope) it was weather related as it was cold. 

He has a few like that every year.  Keeps him in that very good but not a great tier

37 minutes ago, taobball said:

slim pickns today:

Manaea vs Snell quick comments- 

Manaea's command has been better than Snell's.  But Shell's stuff is so filthy he can get away with slightly lesser command. 

Manaea also has some BABIP correction coming at some point.   Dunno when obviously.

2 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

He has a few like that every year.  Keeps him in that very good but not a great tier

Yeah,  he does.  But I haven't seen anything like that before.  He literally could not throw a fastball over the plate at least in the first two innings.  Had to go to his change for called strikes. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Manaea vs Snell quick comments- 

Manaea's command has been better than Snell's.  But Shell's stuff is so filthy he can get away with slightly lesser command. 

Manaea also has some BABIP correction coming at some point.   Dunno when obviously.

I agree 100% on BABIP correction. He's been fortuante this year obviously. He's been good too but I think his ERA is a hair over 1.00. 

18 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Kluber's mom is gonna kill you.  Just saying.

Damn.  Knew I was forgetting someone.  Him too.  I have blue chip tier 1 grades on all 5.

1 hour ago, taobball said:

I agree 100% on BABIP correction. He's been fortuante this year obviously. He's been good too but I think his ERA is a hair over 1.00. 

Don't forget that legendary strand rate..