Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamaal Williams 2018 Outlook


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, bro-lo el cunado said:

 

Lets forget the quality (or lack thereof) of your league for a second...why did YOU pass on him for that long? 

 

hehe, I hear ya. But it's a 10 team IDP league. I had to make sure my IDP's were drafted (LB, DL, DB, D-FLEX). I already had 4 solid PPR RB's. Jamaal was there late, so I took him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

 

hehe, I hear ya. But it's a 10 team IDP league. I had to make sure my IDP's were drafted (LB, DL, DB, D-FLEX). I already had 4 solid PPR RB's. Jamaal was there late, so I took him.

Figured it was an IDP league with you taking him that late.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No way I'm touching him in the 5th-6th round. You can get much more reliable RB's in those rounds. I have one share of him in my five leagues. Should have snatched him up in a couple others earlier on, but I just worry that he's Eddie Lacy in an offense that COULD be playing Ty Montgomery a lot in the passing game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

 

hehe, I hear ya. But it's a 10 team IDP league. I had to make sure my IDP's were drafted (LB, DL, DB, D-FLEX). I already had 4 solid PPR RB's. Jamaal was there late, so I took him.

 

This makes a bit more sense... still 17th round for a starting RB is insanity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s not being talked about enough is the significance of the opportunity for Williams with a healthy Rodgers vs a Hundley type low level backup. There is zero in between for Williams if Rodgers remains upright....he’s a complete bust, or a complete league winner. A chance I’m absolutely willing to take at his relative cost. I actually just traded A Robinson straight up for him in a $$ ppr league. Robinson could be a stud or a bust. Williams could be super stud or a bust. Both floors are zero. I’ll take the higher ceiling. Not making this about my trade but I am saying if you have a safe medium upside “name brand player” sitting on the shelf or in your flex....use them to buy this guy now. And for what it’s worth McCarthy is not a hype guy like Pete Carrol. When he speaks I’m willing to take it seriously 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5th-6th round seems like quite a reach to me though. I'd be far more comfortable taking him in the 9th-10th round range. When did he climb that high into the 5th?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting to wonder if Williams getting the first two games to himself could backfire. Obviously if he looks great he can run away with the job. But the converse is also true. If he looks subpar for two games and the run game struggles that could really open the door for Jones upon his return.  If Jones immediately brings the run game to life and brings an obvious spark he could take over the backfield. Interesting situation. For fantasy purposes, hopefully one of them takes the bull by the horns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Starting to wonder if Williams getting the first two games to himself could backfire. Obviously if he looks great he can run away with the job. But the converse is also true. If he looks subpar for two games and the run game struggles that could really open the door for Jones upon his return.  If Jones immediately brings the run game to life and brings an obvious spark he could take over the backfield. Interesting situation. For fantasy purposes, hopefully one of them takes the bull by the horns.

Draft both off them!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

Draft both off them!!

Easier said than done.  For me, it seems like as soon as I grab Williams in the 7th-8th or whatever...someone grabs jones almost right afterwards.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Easier said than done.  For me, it seems like as soon as I grab Williams in the 7th-8th or whatever...someone grabs jones almost right afterwards.    

My money is on Jamaal and that’s high risk for that jones owner knowing that there’s other positions to be filled. If your the packer and want to control the temp of the game, Jamaal is your guy for smash mouth. You can see the difference between the runners on how they finish there runs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TPowell said:

No way I'm touching him in the 5th-6th round. You can get much more reliable RB's in those rounds. I have one share of him in my five leagues. Should have snatched him up in a couple others earlier on, but I just worry that he's Eddie Lacy in an offense that COULD be playing Ty Montgomery a lot in the passing game. 

 

who are these more reliable RBs you are talking about?

image.png.0f93054b653fe42a27eef1a0b25c23bb.png

 

there isn't a single name there that is a no brainer pick  ahead of Williams.

Link to post
Share on other sites

people forget this:

 

20 carries, 67 yards. 1 catch 7 yards

18 catches, 57 yards. 4 catches for 38 yards

21 carries, 66 yards, TD. 4 catches, 69 yards, TD

21 carries, 113 yards, TD. 2 catches, 10 yards

15 carries, 49 yards, TD. 7 catches 69 yards, TD.

 

Crappy YPC, yes, but this was all as a rookie, with Hundley at QB, behind a banged up O-line. 

 

He was MONEY during that stretch. With Rodgers under center and a full offseason of preparation, I expect Williams to be a better, more efficient player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...