NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2018 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

20 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Any of those three teams would be significant park and lineup upgrades for McCutchen. He's got really nice peripherals but playing in SF isn't helping him.

This needs to happen.

Wonder if the Giants can work out a three team deal that finally gets them Billy Hamilton?  They were heavily linked to him last off-season.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

Yeah I agree it's kind of a head-scratcher of a move. 

All three were on the Braves 40 man roster. Touki, Allard, and maybe Kyle Wright may need spots on the 40 man this summer. Tucker and Duvall are a wash for the 4th outfield spot. Wisler and Sims didn't have a future here. Just a roster clearing move for more young arms.

3 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Prediction: Washington holds out for an unrealistic haul for Harper, doesn't get it, and loses him in FA anyway.

Normally, i'd agree and I kinda do agree with you anyway - but....Rizzo is intriguing...I don't see him as being passive....i believe on one hand, the Nats know..KNOW he's walking away..so better get at least something....how do you spin it to the fans? I don't know....

How they handle Harper, means job or no job for some front office personell in Nats territory, including Rizzo, I'd think...

If you shop him and then pull him back in...then you're just doing nothing productive for your team by putting him on the block. You don't typically repair that kind of damage and then get the player to sign a huge contract after...

Harper is leaving Washington either today or in off season.

Does Rizzo at least get something for him to help the team down the line or just does he open the front door for Harper to leave and getting nothing more than a handshake, at seasons end....if that even.....

12 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Prediction: Washington holds out for an unrealistic haul for Harper, doesn't get it, and loses him in FA anyway.

They'll get a draft pick out of it at least. 

3 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Really tho what is a realistic trade for Harper? Like the Yankees, what package do they put together to actually get him

Their top prospects, some international money, a major leaguer. Probably have to unload a big section of their farm. 

Something I could see, as big as it is:

Two of Frazier, Sheffield, Adams plus a MLB bat who can help the Nats next year. I only think this because I think the Yankees have a solid shot at signing Harper. 

1 minute ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Their top prospects, some international money, a major leaguer. Probably have to unload a big section of their farm. 

Two of Frazier, Sheffield, Adams plus a MLB bat who can help the Nats next year. I only think this because I think the Yankees have a solid shot at signing Harper. 

That's way more than the O's got for Machado who is having a much better season. 

3 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

No way. Did you see what Machado brought back? Think similar. #4 or #5 prospect in org, plus maybe 1 or 2 guys in top 20.

Unless extension agreed to, no way Yankees give up more, nor should they. 

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

No way. Did you see what Machado brought back? Think similar. #4 or #5 prospect in org, plus maybe 1 or 2 guys in top 20.

Its gonna have to be a decent chunk more than Machado because Nationals have more leverage. Rizzo has to swayed into giving up on 2018.  Orioles HAD to trade Machado. The only leverage they had was other teams being interested.

Which is probably why this doesn't happen.

5 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I'm with you, I just think the hype around Harper is going to be a factor. GMs sign guys to 150 million dollar deals at 30, Harper is young and has a lot of marketing value. 

Heck, even if it's Frazier or Sheffield plus one MLBer, that's a ton. 

9 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

But for two young promising pitchers, and their opening day starting OF who is also young? Maybe I’m overrating the two pitchers. 

Braves were done with those three.  Change of scenery and/or a move to the pen may do them good.  

10 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

The Red Sox LOVE this trade too.  They are his daddy as much as they are Archer's daddy.

Lance Lynn has an ERA of 5.10 and a WHIP of 1.60 which, ironically, are the exact same numbers he accrued against the Red Sox his last outing against them a few days back.  At least he and CC can compare waistlines thoug

After reading this I decided to do some research on Lance Lynn career vs the New York Yankees. His last start a couple of days ago he went 6 innings gave up 2 earn runs , that is a far cry from how you put your theory on his era/whip and his waistline.

Lance Lynn career vs the Red Sox 6 career starts -- 35.2 innings given up 9 earn runs ... that comes out to a 2.27 ERA

Definition of research

1 : careful or diligent search
2 : studious inquiry or examination; especially : investigation or experimentation aimed at the discovery and interpretation of facts, revision of accepted theories or laws in the light of new facts, or practical application of such new or revised theories or laws
3 : the collecting of information about a particular subject

first Happ now Lynn...

are we afraid?

1 hour ago, MrBrown said:

Its hard to trade all your stars when you're only 5.5 games back on the division.  I can't see the Nats giving up on this season.  They're far from being out of it.

I agree the Nats are only 6 games back in the lost column afterall the teams ahead of them are the Phillies & Braves. Two teams who have been laughing stocks for about a decade.

I don't believe this Harper trade nonsense. 

Archived