NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Rays with higher average, obp, and identical ops..not sure why peeps are concerned about the move for him..lol

i'm good with the move. cards are a disaster these days..

2 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

Cause he’s outspoken and isn’t a robot like they expect their players to be 

You don’t see how his comments about being better than everyone else, and naming names, could possibly rub some teammates the wrong way? Lol

12 minutes ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

9 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

You don’t see how his comments about being better than everyone else, and naming names, could possibly rub some teammates the wrong way? Lol

Interesting.  Probably not the most strategic way of going about it,  but i don't really disagree with him either.  Change of scenery might do him good

29 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

I look forward to the entire cardinals front office being fired.  Easily one of the worst FO’s in baseball.

Disagree and trust me I hate the Cardinals, but they're actually one of the very best FO's in all of baseball over a span of many many years. A very solid franchise!

Pham is a basket case. He's basically had one good season and he can't play a full year. He's going to be 31 next season and they have O'neil ready to go in the pipeline. Good sell highish by STL IMO. I don't know why Tampa, who should be in rebuild mode would want to move prospects for him though. 

5 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

Pham is a basket case. He's basically had one good season and he can't play a full year. He's going to be 31 next season and they have O'neil ready to go in the pipeline. Good sell highish by STL IMO. I don't know why Tampa, who should be in rebuild mode would want to move prospects for him though. 

pham's not a FA until 2021. what's not to like?

Just now, osb_tensor said:

pham's not an FA until 2021. what's not to like?

Yes dudes making like 600K next 3 years and had a great season last year, rays gave up some average to below average prospects, not much reason not to do it if your the rays with their spending philosophy 

2 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

pham's not an FA until 2021. what's not to like?

Fair point. I didn't realize he was still making the minimum and arb eligible just this year.

3 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

the defending of the cardinals in this thread is interesting. i'm a cardinals fan, but they've been trending the wrong direction for a while now..

That's my observation as well--it has been one of the best-run franchises for literally decades, but there's a lot of reason to wonder if that is now in the past and the current admin is not up to par.   They've had several guys underwhelm/disappoint this year (Ozuna, Weaver, most of the bullpen) and others (Pham comes to mind) regress in predictable ways....that may or may not on net have been foreseeable but it's part of the record, too.

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Lance Lynn career vs the Red Sox 6 career starts -- 35.2 innings given up 9 earn runs ... that comes out to a 2.27 ERA

You actually think I give a fig about how Lynn pitched a half decade ago?  You actually think he is the same guy as when he was with the Cardinals BEFORE his major injury.  He pitched against the Red Sox two games this season?  Did you not read my original post?  I was talking about THIS YEAR.  Last year he was still serviceable even.  Not so much this year.  The Yankees didn't get him with a Time Machine included.

Lance Lynn THIS year vs Boston -- 2 games:  4.64 ERA and 1.60 WHIP the first one.  Last one several days back - 5.10 ERA and 1.63 WHIP.  Which is identical to his season ERA and WHIP too so pretty much everybody is his daddy now.  Yep can't wait to see Lynn in pinstrips because he looked like he was pitching batting practice his last start I watched him.  But go ahead and keep living in the past and hope he has something left in his rather big and out of shape tank.

1 minute ago, phatrat said:

Yeah I read too he has gotten better.  And isn't he more a ground ball pitcher?  I forget on that.  Help?  Anyone know?  If so ... well there are a lot of fireballers on the market but an old fashioned ground ball pitcher that can come on with the bases clogged and induce a double play is harder to find these days so I can see him as an "addition" to any bullpen.  He isn't being traded to close I'm assuming.

7 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yeah I read too he has gotten better.  And isn't he more a ground ball pitcher?  I forget on that.  Help?  Anyone know?  If so ... well there are a lot of fireballers on the market but an old fashioned ground ball pitcher that can come on with the bases clogged and induce a double play is harder to find these days so I can see him as an "addition" to any bullpen.  He isn't being traded to close I'm assuming.

Yes, he is a sinkerballer and therefore a “groundball pitcher”

Archived