NBC Sports Edge Forums

Waiver Wire - Streaming Options - Week 6

A reminder that this is meant to tout players you may find on the WW that you feel other owners should consider - but it's not meant for Bench Coach discussion (who to drop for 'em, owner's lineup decisions, etc. - that's for the Bench Coach Forum), as per the FBB Posting Rules. So, please no BC questions - if it provides general information that all can use, it's fair game. Again, this isn't a thread to ask about players in your league - it's to tout potential WW players. If you believe a guy is worth *consideration*, post away.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past. Also, you can stipulate if you think it's a great 1-week play, a streamer, a great long-term play, or whatever...

Fernando Romero @STL - I'd start him at least today, even if his second start against the Angels is just a maybe.  Cards aren't that good on offense still, and it seems like they struggle against pitchers they see for the first time.

Sean Newcomb @TB and @MIA - The matchups speak for themselves.

13 hours ago, einstein2u said:

minor at home vs tigers

domingo santana 4 games at coors

I really love the Santana call here, but now I'm going to spend the rest of the day agonizing over who I should drop for him ?

2 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Fernando Romero @STL - I'd start him at least today, even if his second start against the Angels is just a maybe.  Cards aren't that good on offense still, and it seems like they struggle against pitchers they see for the first time.

Sean Newcomb @TB and @MIA - The matchups speak for themselves.

Was just coming here to post this myself!  Also, STL just played a delay-ridden, 6-hour, 14 inning marathon against the Cubbies last night so you there should be some fatigue there.  Rays and Marlins have played better recently but it doesn't get any better than a guaranteed two-start week in climate-controlled venues. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Baloo said:

Anyone like Andrew Suarez with Cueto out for a while?

Yup I’m keeping an eye on him for streaming, doesn’t have a lot of hype but was a fairly high draft pick with decent minor league numbers, just doesn’t get a lot of Ks. 

7 hours ago, neljak25 said:

Tomorrow - Bartolo vs. DET or Pivetta vs. SF

The latter looks fine but the former not as much.  Bartolo has a pretty high HR rate and I expect some regression in the numbers soon.

1 minute ago, MJDrocks said:

The latter looks fine but the former not as much.  Bartolo has a pretty high HR rate and I expect some regression in the numbers soon.

Yeah and Pivetta got lit his last time out. Also considered Cashner but he’s been bad of late. Trying to balance my starts and don’t feel great about Lucchesi vs. Nats tomorrow. 

Just now, neljak25 said:

Yeah and Pivetta got lit his last time out. Also considered Cashner but he’s been bad of late. Trying to balance my starts and don’t feel great about Lucchesi vs. Nats tomorrow. 

Look for Pivetta to bounce back.  He took it on the chin last time but his K/9 and K/BB are still encouraging and I really like his off-speed stuff.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, neljak25 said:

@Lucchesi 

Nats are 27th(BA) and 26th(SLG)  vs LHP

• Like 3
20 hours ago, neljak25 said:

that Tigers lineup is atrocious today. Wishing I had went Bartolo. 

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic