NBC Sports Edge Forums

Do I take these offers?

I've been offered the 2 trades below:

My Familia for his Bour.

My Hamilton and Buehler for his Yelich.

NL Only Redraft Roto 5x5 (OBP instead of BA) 9 teamer

It is NL only, so every player who has a pulse is owned and mostly started. Do I take one, both, or neither trade?

Team

C Ianetta

1B Zimmerman

2B Albies

SS Peraza (Used to be Seager, sad me)

3B Rendon

OF McCutchen

OF Cespedes

OF Hamilton

OF Hanson

Utl Cargo

B Moran, Aguilar, Pirela

DL Eaton, Williamson

NA McMahon

P DeGrom, Godley, Arrieta, Buehler, Igelsias, Familia, Knebel, Strickland, Minter, Garrett

If you can get Yelich, then maybe look at dealing a RP & bat for a SP, to replace Buehler. Or if Kingham is available & you have room, maybe stash him, as I think he will be brought back up sooner than later. 

Would talk to the team who has Hader & maybe see if they are interested in Knebel. Gives them the security blanket for having both, should 1 go down. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input!

Just to follow up, I ended up making the Yelich trade, but I was worried about going down to 3 SPs in a roto format so I also made this trade with another guy last night:

My Albies, Familia, Strickland for his Bellinger, C Hernandez, Quintana.

So the net results of my 2 trades from last night was

Albies, Hamilton, Buehler, Familia, Strickland

for

Hernandez, Bellinger, Yelich, Quintana

My thoughts were that I ended up upgrading my offense a bunch with a little hit to SB, I should at least be close to even swapping out Buehler for Quintana and obviously I'm losing a bucketload of saves but with Knebel returning, I'm hoping I'm still ok in save with him and Iglesias.

16 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Do deal #1 for sure, for #2 keep Hamilton then counter & move the LA arm + another throw in pitcher for Yelich & another stick. 

Will you ever explain your hatred for pitching? In every post you tell people to get rid of pitchers for hitters.

7 hours ago, IG-88 said:

Thanks for all the input!

Just to follow up, I ended up making the Yelich trade, but I was worried about going down to 3 SPs in a roto format so I also made this trade with another guy last night:

My Albies, Familia, Strickland for his Bellinger, C Hernandez, Quintana.

So the net results of my 2 trades from last night was

Albies, Hamilton, Buehler, Familia, Strickland

for

Hernandez, Bellinger, Yelich, Quintana

My thoughts were that I ended up upgrading my offense a bunch with a little hit to SB, I should at least be close to even swapping out Buehler for Quintana and obviously I'm losing a bucketload of saves but with Knebel returning, I'm hoping I'm still ok in save with him and Iglesias.

you add the two together and it looks better.