NBC Sports Edge Forums

I personally would not even though it is a pretty fair deal player to player. 

I do not like Darvish this year & the rest of your pitching is so inexperienced you'd really be rolling the dice & potentially scavenging the WW for the rest of the season. 

Not a bad deal, I just would not recommend doing it is all. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, AllNoAll said:

Would anyone trade Cole away for Machado  

yes

the below kills it. I don't blame you for wanting to upgrade story's slot. Too many ifs what to go your way without Cole. 

18 hours ago, AllNoAll said:

when my current SP are Cole, Darvish, deGrom, Snell, Newcomb, C.Smith, Soroka, Weaver, Romero, and German? 

30 minutes ago, Jrod124 said:

Give me Machado all day...Offered Cole last week to the Machado owner....rejected it immediately

Hear ya, but do you think Cole and Story are fair for Machado?

If I was the Machado owner there is no way I would take Cole and Story.  If you can get Machado for these 2,  take it.  Especially in a 10-team league (plenty of meat on the wire) where you can stream the open slot or use it to find a breakout pitcher

4 hours ago, AllNoAll said:

Hear ya, but do you think Cole and Story are fair for Machado?

Every league is different  . A deal involving both was made a week ago in one of my leagues . The Machado owner had similar pitching and need Cole . I'm in agreement with a couple of the others . Your pitching can't take the hit . Trade off one of the  young guys . 

15 minutes ago, motown magic said:

Every league is different  . A deal involving both was made a week ago in one of my leagues . The Machado owner had similar pitching and need Cole . I'm in agreement with a couple of the others . Your pitching can't take the hit . Trade off one of the  young guys . 

I have to agree, but thought I would throw this out there. I'll keep Cole, and hope he truly has turned a corner to be a top tier pitcher this year. With how Darvish has looked and deGrom being injured I'll stand pat.

6 hours ago, Mobdad said:

If I was the Machado owner there is no way I would take Cole and Story.  If you can get Machado for these 2,  take it.  Especially in a 10-team league (plenty of meat on the wire) where you can stream the open slot or use it to find a breakout pitcher

This 100%.

1 hour ago, AllNoAll said:

I have to agree, but thought I would throw this out there. I'll keep Cole, and hope he truly has turned a corner to be a top tier pitcher this year. With how Darvish has looked and deGrom being injured I'll stand pat.

Big mistake. Cole is benefiting from a low BABIP. Steamer projects a 3.60 ERA rest of the way. Machado is easily more valuable than him and Story.