NBC Sports Edge Forums

Altuve and Turner Trade

I've needed a Shortstop for a while now, due to Corey Seager being out for the year.  I also have Ozzie Albies as a Utility Man.  Anyways I let another owner know I'd be interested in an Altuve/Turner trade package.  The package he offered was Altuve and Knebel for Turner and Sonny Gray.

Considering I desperately need Shortstop help, and have a Second Baseman to spare, is this a tolerable trade?  Gray has improved lately also, due to Romine being his catcher.

The opposing owner also has Kyle Hendricks.  If I can get Hendricks substituted for Gray would that be enough?

8 minutes ago, Johnny Tuttle said:

if this means playing Rendon at UTIL, I'd take that deal and give Gray a shot. No harm in asking for KH first, but don't get too cute and lose your SS.

The five offensive categories are:  OBP, runs, RBI's, homers and stolen bases.  Turner's OBP in 2016 and this season was fantastic.  And in 2017 disappointing.  Which should I expect at the end of this season?

Come the end of the season I would suspect OBP, homers and RBI's for Altuve.  And runs/Stolen Bases for Turner.  So while Altuve is the more well rounded player I guess the question is whether getting the lesser player is worth filling a position of need. 

I also could use outfield help since Fowler and Buxton have been garbage.  I'm going to try and Outfield swap too.

Trea Turner is a tough player to gauge: he's simply not done it yet over a whole, healthy season. Still, make no mistake here: you're going to slip a hint from Altuve, but you're not going very far, and it increases your usable talent on the field. Trea could be a game changer for you on SB, and you would no longer need to play Delino.

Semien is decent, and SS is deeper than it used to be, but I'd rather go to war with a proven top SS than not. Trea has more questions than a Correa or a Machado, but only a few.

10 hours ago, Johnny Tuttle said:

Trea Turner is a tough player to gauge: he's simply not done it yet over a whole, healthy season. Still, make no mistake here: you're going to slip a hint from Altuve, but you're not going very far, and it increases your usable talent on the field. Trea could be a game changer for you on SB, and you would no longer need to play Delino.

Semien is decent, and SS is deeper than it used to be, but I'd rather go to war with a proven top SS than not. Trea has more questions than a Correa or a Machado, but only a few.

Not a Delino fan?  He's elite when it comes to stolen bases and runs scored. And his OBP was decent last year too.  Honestly I'd probably replace Span or Brantley in the Outfield instead.

I might look to trade for Lindor or Machado instead of Turner.  I really don't need more stolen bases with Delino and Buxton in my lineup.  I could use a slugger instead to help me with Homers.

On 5/11/2018 at 5:18 PM, Magnus88 said:

Not a Delino fan?  He's elite when it comes to stolen bases and runs scored. And his OBP was decent last year too.  Honestly I'd probably replace Span or Brantley in the Outfield instead.

His SLG is sub 400, and his OBP isn't historically great (although it's not bad now): these aren't the guys I personally play. I consider them scuds: you let other people play them.

I'd rather punt SBs than the other categories to get SBs.

Now, don't get me wrong: in this scoring system, if this 375 holds up at OBP, he's valuable again and no punt for Runs or OBP. I just would rather choose to play him than have to play him.