NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trading 4 Nola/Paxton... WHIR!!!

I'm trying to trade for one of these SP. I'm leaning towards Nola. I'm trying to unload on Shaw, since he's my backup 3B and looking to pickup Turner, who might be up next week. 3 x 2 so I can add Turner.

Shaw, Jensen and Newcomb/Darvish for Nola and Rendon/Rosario/Escobar/Bellinger

1 minute ago, Nightrain said:

What about shaw and Jensen for Nola?

would shaw ride his bench too? Very likely he'd see it as a spare part and a closer for a good sp on a good team and decline it without thinking twice. 

1 minute ago, tmccollu said:

would shaw ride his bench too? Very likely he'd see it as a spare part and a closer for a good sp on a good team and decline it without thinking twice. 

He has Rendon as his 3B whose been slow to start, but he doesn't have much power from corner infield. He's definitely starting in his team. And he's 2nd to last in saves. It does make sense for him. His pitching sucks with both Nola and Paxton, he won't win with or without them the pitching stats.

1 minute ago, Nightrain said:

He has Rendon as his 3B whose been slow to start, but he doesn't have much power from corner infield. He's definitely starting in his team. And he's 2nd to last in saves. It does make sense for him. His pitching sucks with both Nola and Paxton, he won't win with or without them the pitching stats.

that's your spin talking. I supposed to give up nola to get a guy who is essentially rendon and hence worthless and a closer for a team losing players every 10 minutes when i'll have chances on the closer carosel easily in a shallow league. 

good luck with that. 

offer it..... 

4 minutes ago, Nightrain said:

Wasnt Rendon hurt?  He seems to be doing fine at the plate at the moment.  I wouldnt be excited to start Shaw over him and in all likelihood wouldn’t.