NBC Sports Edge Forums

Which is the better deal? WHIR..

I would love to get my hands on stanton and rake for the rest of the year. Strasburg is your anchor though and Familia even though hes on a bad team is a stable closer ... i guess as stable as a closer can be. If those aren't problems for you adding stanton to that outfield is a great idea. If you do that you're really relying on the rest of your staff to hold their form ROS. 

while the impact of the other deal to your team is in smaller chunks it MIGHT be the smarter and more savy deal to make. Britton is kinda extra for you so it's essentially your 5th starter for what will likely be your second best OF in Yelich. My only pause is having too many brewers. When the team slumps you slump. 

I'd be VERY tempted to swing big and take BOTH deals hoping my studs carry the 6 hitting cats and split the 6 pitching categories and try to make up the difference with a little streaming off the bench. ESPECIALLY if keepers are involved. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cheppy said:

No keepers are involved. I think I'm leaning towards #1 but not overwhelmingly so. This is a tough one. Very juicy trade scenarios to say the least.

you've got a few holes in the lineup. Zimmerman, 3b (temporary with Sano), but by far the biggest is the OF/Util. You could fix almost all of the problems with BOTH deals. make a small fix with Yelich or one big fix with Stanton. The good thing is dealing from the roation is smart because it's by far your biggest strength. 

• Thanks 1

While I like Stanton a lot, the Yelich deal is the no brainier for me.  Corbin has been over his head so far and showing some risk with reduced velocity lately.  Britton isn't a huge loss.  I'd go with deal 1.

• Thanks 1

The more I thought about it the more Deal #1 appealed to me. But it was all for naught.... The guy who offered said deal got cold feet & backed out. The Strasburg/Stanton monster deal is still on the table though. Man, I believe in Soler & Gennett this year but it is Stanton we're talking about. Hmmm......

2 hours ago, En Votto Veritas said:

The first trade is an easy yes.  The second trade I would not do in favor of the first, but I would consider doing in addition to the first.

Help with mine?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/702395-goldyaltuve-trade-rank-hitters-100-whir/

I would agree here. You certainly would searching the WW for SPs the next 30 Days, but the combination of both of the trades would positively impact your lineup dramatically. 

At the very least you need to accept Trade #1. Corbin is the ultimate Sell High candidate right now 

So I did Deal #2 & man oh man does my lineup look imposing. Even moreso when Sano comes back. And my pitching is still more than formidable. (i just added caleb smith too) I'm afraid for my league, I really am:D

Edited by Cheppy