NBC Sports EDGE Forums

5/12 - GAME DAY THREAD

Oakland bullpen has been a dumpster fire this year. They'll blow it.

^^^ Fwiw, I typed this when they still had a 4 run lead then got distracted before I posted it. I know I've said it in at least one of these threads, but Oakland's bats have been really good this year and their arms blow. It's not what anyone thinks of when they hear Oakland, they're just a really bad collection of arms right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

Oakland bullpen has been a dumpster fire this year. They'll blow it.

^^^ Fwiw, I typed this when they still had a 4 run lead then got distracted before I posted it. I know I've said it in at least one of these threads, but Oakland's bats have been really good this year and their arms blow. It's not what anyone thinks of when they hear Oakland, they're just a really bad collection of arms right now.

I know who they should get 

this is Chad Bradford. He's a relief pitcher. He is one of the most undervalued players in baseball. His defect is that he throws funny. Nobody in the big leagues cares about him, because he looks funny. This guy could be not just the best pitcher in our bullpen, but one of the most effective relief pitchers in all of baseball. This guy should cost $3 million a year. We can get him for $237,000.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

Chris archer blows. He’s without question the worst pitcher I own. And he was my 2nd drafted pitcher.

16 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Orioles own him 

So do the Red Sox. 

And talking about "owning" of a different kind ... a grateful thanks again to an otherwise good manager in one of my dynasty leagues that snapped last year over Kluber's early cold start that season that lasted close to 2 full months.  He thought something was "seriously wrong" with the guy and while probably highly intoxicated one night he shot me an offer of Kluber for Archer who he always believed in (ha ha) and I immediately accepted before he sobered up, hah.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

8 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

So do the Red Sox. 

And talking about "owning" of a different kind ... a grateful thanks again to an otherwise good manager in one of my dynasty leagues that snapped last year over Kluber's early cold start that season that lasted close to 2 full months.  He thought something was "seriously wrong" with the guy and while probably highly intoxicated one night he shot me an offer of Kluber for Archer who he always believed in (ha ha) and I immediately accepted before he sobered up, hah.

I've literally been trying to trade Archer since the season started and I am having no luck.... Having to watch this O's game right now and Archer getting crushed is so aggravating.   I know everyone says its the worse time to trade him right now but it might actually get worse.