NBC Sports Edge Forums

3 minutes ago, fourstar said:

Samardzija is just a bad pitcher. He’s never really been good. Classic example of a thrower and not a pitcher. Can’t stand watching the guy. 

Who knows how much he'd have made in football. IIRC he was a TE or WR at ND and pretty good, 

Probably made more in baseballl than he would have in the NFL - he thought he would be better in MLB...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know who they should get    this is Chad Bradford. He's a relief pitcher. He is one of the most undervalued players in baseball. His defect is that he throws funny. Nobody in the big leagu

Rush's fantasy baseball staff has all Orioles and Reds pitchers

Sweet, sweet karma.

34 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Who knows how much he'd have made in football. IIRC he was a TE or WR at ND and pretty good, 

Probably made more in baseballl than he would have in the NFL - he thought he would be better in MLB...

I believe he was a TE.  Definitely a longer potential career in MLB - can’t fault him for that.

41 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Generally most baseball players make more and have guaranteed contracts. Baseball players also don't play a physically demanding sport that is the equivalent of going through a car crash every game, although it could be said watching the Shark's starts is like watching a car crash.

• Haha 2
54 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

The dude is going to have made well over $100 million by the time he finishes his MLB career, and he's going to have done it with significantly less health problems than if he had been a TE. 

I'm pretty sure he's okay with the decision lol.

Just now, Philoumenos said:

The dude is going to have made well over $100 million by the time he finishes his MLB career, and he's going to have done it with significantly less health problems than if he had been a TE. 

I'm pretty sure he's okay with the decision lol.

Probably true - justgoes to show there's something out of whack that he makes that much as a mediocre pitcher.

But credit to him - he knows NFL pays largely on merit while MLB pays like NBA - "potential" = more than actual results.. 

37 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Please tell me someone saw that reaction from Chris taylor after his last AB in the dugout.

No. I missed it, what did he do?  I saw Kike spike his helmet after the terrible called third strike in the 7th.

1 minute ago, lyricist0 said:

No. I missed it, what did he do?  I saw Kike spike his helmet after the terrible called third strike in the 7th.

Taylor screamed F--k so loud that it was heard on tv and threw his bat against the bat rack and it came back and hit him in the face.

• Haha 1
Just now, Picard56 said:

Taylor screamed F--k so loud that it was heard on tv and threw his bat against the bat rack and it came back and hit him in the face.

Hilarious. I’m sorry I missed it. I can understand why he was less than thrilled after the AB though. Those first two inside curves by David Hernandez were garbage.

Just now, lyricist0 said:

Hilarious. I’m sorry I missed it. I can understand why he was less than thrilled after the AB though. Those first two inside curves by David Hernandez were garbage.

He's probably frustrated in general by his lack luster season.

2 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

He's probably frustrated in general by his lack luster season.

The whole team is right now. Not pleasant losing to the Reds and felling like nothing is going right.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ToO_BaD said:

Hanson was a little gimpy between third and home on that double by Jackson.  Just seen going to the locker room.

Appreciate this. Looks like he has a tight hamstring. I'll check to see if he's in lineup todaY. An early game - 13:35 start, a good thing.