NBC Sports EDGE Forums

5/13 - GAME DAY THREAD

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Paxton and Nola are laboring. Not what I expected against the Tigers and Mets.

Not looking great for Nola but limited the damage.  Hoping the rain delay just affected Nola and he'll settle down.  He has shown a lot of maturity bouncing back from rough innings this year.  

Just now, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

DeGrom with a 45 pitch 1st inning. He allowed 20 foul balls. At least he looks to be healthy. One of the weirdest innings I've watched all season. 

Houdini act there, man...

Velocity but not the usual life on the fastball. Not feeling a good outing despite that definition of escapology.

• Thanks 1

Just now, swfcdan said:

Houdini act there, man...

Velocity but not the usual life on the fastball. Not feeling a good outing despite that definition of escapology.

Agreed, the fastball didn't have it's usual bite. I don't think he'll last more than 3-4 innings today. Plus I got the feeling he and Mesoraco weren't on the same page as well. Idk...

2 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Mets pinch hit for deGrom in the top of 2nd, and his day is done.

Why didn't they just start Syndergaard today then? Forget about fantasy for a minute, as a fan, I have to question if they're even trying to win right now. Is this all an experiment? Jeez!

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Why didn't they just start Syndergaard today then? Forget about fantasy for a minute, as a fan, I have to question if they're even trying to win right now. Is this all an experiment? Jeez!

Callaway thinks any frame over 35 pitches then the pitcher should be removed after as not going to have a good game, Mets broadcasters saying.

Especially as most of them were high stress. He's a former pitching coach after all who knows his stuff, so I'll defer to him here rather than getting a sub-par Degrom for a possible ratio killing.

They can always move up his next start anyway and give their other starters an extra day rest.

Mets announce deGrom taking out strictly on pitches. Combo of coming off DL, hour rain delay, high stress pitches for basically the entire inning, as well as off day tomorrow to allow bullpen rest.

Edited by Sidearmer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, swfcdan said:

Callaway thinks any frame over 35 pitches then the pitcher should be removed after as not going to have a good game, Mets broadcasters saying.

Especially as most of them were high stress. He's a former pitching coach after all who knows his stuff, so I'll defer to him here rather than getting a sub-par Degrom for a possible ratio killing.

They can always move up his next start anyway and give their other starters an extra day rest.

Again, putting aside my fantasy interests here, it's tough being a Mets fan. 

On the bright side, I picked up Gsellman and Lugo today just in case something like this happened. LOL