NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, the Pittsburgh relationship with McCutchen is special.  Standing ovations Friday and Saturday.  Then some young fans gave him flowers today.    It is really nice to see. 

The Baltimore Ravens are up 17-0 on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers...

I'm a pitch count fanatic.   But I've also been an advocate for the Angels going with a designated day starter with Ohtani on Sundays.   Part of the benefit of that strategy is your starters

Posted Images

Not that anyone’s starting him, but wainwright’s first eight pitches of the second inning: Six changeups, a curve and an eefus. As the Cards announcer said, he’s just trying to invent ways to get guys out.

9 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

Now 9 ks through 4

And beaten to a pickup by another team in my league by 5 mins...got him in my other though. This guy seems worth grabbing now.

Funny that when I saw Peralta was pitching today I passed over him immediately as thought it had to be Wily.

Edited by swfcdan
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, swfcdan said:

Houdini act there, man...

Velocity but not the usual life on the fastball. Not feeling a good outing despite that definition of escapology.

Thank you for commenting on the lack of life.   That's just as important as velocity. 

4 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Yes, 100%.

Could you expand, or anyone expand?

I looked at this as a spot start from a 21 year old AAA player... especially since the rotoworld blurb told me "there's nothing to see here fantasy wise".

Now he has some 9 k's.. should I go rush to pick him up in my  12 team somewhat deep leagues?

Bruce Rondon in for the save for the ChiSox...

...probably nothing to see here as it is a closer by committee and the W'sox don't win enough anyway.

16 minutes ago, Caelum said:

Not that anyone’s starting him, but wainwright’s first eight pitches of the second inning: Six changeups, a curve and an eefus. As the Cards announcer said, he’s just trying to invent ways to get guys out.

Its too bad they dont have a significantly better option ready in AAA to replace him right now.  Oh wait.....

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

Could you expand, or anyone expand?

I looked at this as a spot start from a 21 year old AAA player... especially since the rotoworld blurb told me "there's nothing to see here fantasy wise".

Now he has some 9 k's.. should I go rush to pick him up in my  12 team somewhat deep leagues?

I got beaten to the punch by 5 mins in one league lol, but he is a total WW hawk. Took the chance in my other league, both 12 teamers. I think he might be gone before next start so if you have someone you can drop I'd take the chance now.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

I got beaten to the punch by 5 mins in one league lol, but he is a total WW hawk. Took the chance in my other league, both 12 teamers. I think he might be gone before next start so if you have someone you can drop I'd take the chance now.

Is there a next start or is he heading back to the minors?