NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, the Pittsburgh relationship with McCutchen is special.  Standing ovations Friday and Saturday.  Then some young fans gave him flowers today.    It is really nice to see. 

The Baltimore Ravens are up 17-0 on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers...

I'm a pitch count fanatic.   But I've also been an advocate for the Angels going with a designated day starter with Ohtani on Sundays.   Part of the benefit of that strategy is your starters

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, BayofPuigs said:

Angels bullpen promptly blows it for Ohtani, just let him finish the damn inning he gets 6 days off 

I'm a pitch count fanatic.

But I've also been an advocate for the Angels going with a designated day starter with Ohtani on Sundays.   Part of the benefit of that strategy is your starters can go deeper.   110 to 115 is reasonable if you're starting every 7th day.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Shouldn’t Castillo runs only be 2 earned because an error allowed Bellinger to go to third? 

Ya, book is closed and I'm only seeing 2 ER.  All good in the end. 

Next up is CHC in Great American.  That's frightening.

I’m watching the Angels/Twins game right now and the announcers have already mentioned the number of mound visits each team has taken 5 or 6 times. It’s not just this broadcast. I hear it all of the time. Do fans/viewers actually give a crap about this “stat” because I don’t. Is there someone sitting at home with their scorecard jotting it down and getting nervous when their favorite team is getting close to their limit? Please stop. This has virtually no outcome on the game and no one cares (and if they do, they shouldn’t). Sorry, end rant.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, meh2 said:

I’m watching the Angels/Twins game right now and the announcers have already mentioned the number of mound visits each team has taken 5 or 6 times. It’s not just this broadcast. I hear it all of the time. Do fans/viewers actually give a crap about this “stat” because I don’t. Is there someone sitting at home with their scorecard jotting it down and getting nervous when their favorite team is getting close to their limit? Please stop. This has virtually no outcome on the game and no one cares (and if they do, they shouldn’t). Sorry, end rant.

I'm kind of okay with it if they remind me when the count actually gets really low. Like I was watching a game yesterday (maybe the Padres?), and it was down to two early on which was mildly interesting. But no, I don't care about being updated regularly.

If my team had allowed one less hit today, I would have won

If this was ruled an error instead of a hit, I would have won :(

Tell me this will be appealed and ruled an error, frens.

Edited by loro1991
  • Haha 1

Someone in my league just picked up Mark Reynolds even though players like Ryon Healy are floating around out there

Tonight will be the highlight night for Mark Reynolds the rest of the year

2 hours ago, loro1991 said:

If my team had allowed one less hit today, I would have won

If this was ruled an error instead of a hit, I would have won :(

Tell me this will be appealed and ruled an error, frens.

I'm sure it's tongue in cheek but I love how the Braves twitter is selling it like he hit it where he knew they wouldn't get it, as opposed to awful defense. That said, doubt it gets turned into an error. 

• Like 1