NBC Sports Edge Forums

Which closer ROS? Norris vs Viz vs Middleton

Norris for me.  I watched him strike out the side yesterday in the 9th.  It's not going to be easy for Holland to push him out, and he will get a ton of opportunities with the Cardinals.  He also has a much better K rate than those 2.

I'd say Middleton, with Vizcaino right behind him.

As a Cards fan, this entire Bud Norris thing has been very confusing.  After years of relative mediocrity (Except when he faced us while on the Astros.  Then he'd dominate) he's converted into a reliever and becomes a dominant closer?  Not saying it doesn't happen, and I own Tyler Clippard so I should probably keep my mouth shut, but with Holland (And as a dark horse, Reyes if they decide to not put him in the rotation, although all reports are that they will) right behind him I just don't see him finishing the year as the closer.  

And FWIW - Middleton and Vizcaino have better career K/9 than Norris, although the latter's use as a SP for years drives his numbers down a bit.   Vizcaino is on a surging Braves team, so I'd expect a good number of opportunities to come his way as well.