NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anyone watching Giants/Reds?

How is that not reviewable?  So stupid.

Votto hit a ball off the plate and it went to Pablo at first base and was clearly the 3rd out of the inning, but the umps ruled it a foul ball.

Am I missing something here?  I'm watching on my phone, so I don't have the best picture, but it clearly looked like he should be out.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aww yes...I remember those days. Mrs. Theory slicing through hitters in the 9th like it was her warm banana bread.

So can we rename this "The Daily Crothcrickets Bitching Thread" yet or what?    

*checks stats around the start of the games today*   1/1....ahhh today’s gonna be a good day   *checks stats a little bit later*   1/8....ahhh today’s not going to be a g

And now a walk and a bloop and it's first and third when the inning should be over.  What is the point of replay if you aren't going to actually use it on obvious stuff like that?

Edit: and now a passed ball.  Of course the kid is rattled.  He should be out of the inning. No surprise that it's Joe West's crew. Awful.  It's laughable that Votto even ran it out because he knew it didn't hit him and it wasn't a foul ball.

Edited by The Czar
17 minutes ago, Nitto22 said:

This might be a stupid question but due to the Yankees and Nationals game being suspended yesterday and now postponed until June will the stats from the 6 innings played yesterday count towards this week or will they count towards when the game is actually completed? Sorry if this question is being asked in the wrong thread. Thanks 

Here are the Yahoo rules..  https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6799.html

My leagues are all H2H, so I believe this means all yesterday's stats will be lost since the matchup will be completed more than a week from now (so it'll be past the window of time where stat corrections can be applied retroactively).

Someone please correct me if I'm interpreting this incorrectly..

Edited by Yceman1234
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, dumherb1 said:

that's dumb, a 3 run lead is a 3 run lead

About Neris not getting the save.  I quote the official rules that smeeze was nice enough to just re-post in the closer thread:

A relief pitcher is awarded a save when he meets all three of the following conditions:

He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his club; and

He is not the winning pitcher; and

He qualifies under one of the following conditions:

He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches for at least one inning; or

He enters the game, regardless of the score, with the potential tying run either on base, at bat, or on deck; or

He pitches for at least three innings.

Neris did not meet the any of the three possibilities to meet the third condition coming in with no one on base and 2 out with a 3 run lead.

And the rule isn't dumb.  Getting awarded a Save for just one lousy out and no one on base with a three run lead my Grandma could do.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Getting awarded a Save for just one lousy out and no one on base with a three run lead my Grandma could do.

Aww yes...I remember those days. Mrs. Theory slicing through hitters in the 9th like it was her warm banana bread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
25 minutes ago, The Czar said:

And now a walk and a bloop and it's first and third when the inning should be over.  What is the point of replay if you aren't going to actually use it on obvious stuff like that?

Edit: and now a passed ball.  Of course the kid is rattled.  He should be out of the inning. No surprise that it's Joe West's crew. Awful.  It's laughable that Votto even ran it out because he knew it didn't hit him and it wasn't a foul ball.

And this strike zone is huge today.

4 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

And this strike zone is huge today.

I saw that.  Pretty much robbed Austin Jackson of an at-bat with the bases loaded.  Tough to take a pitch when the ump is calling them a foot outside.

2 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Scooter Gennett the new Daniel Murphy from 2 years ago?

Scooter is having a nice day.  He made a nice catch to end last inning with the bases loaded and just crushed that pitch like he knew it was coming.

Hot right now.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, The Czar said:

I saw that.  Pretty much robbed Austin Jackson of an at-bat with the bases loaded.  Tough to take a pitch when the ump is calling them a foot outside.

Yeah it is rough.  Even more rough to have them get 2nd and 3rd no outs = 0 runs....bases loaded 1 out = no runs.  Not gonna win when that happens.

2 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Yeah it is rough.  Even more rough to have them get 2nd and 3rd no outs = 0 runs....bases loaded 1 out = no runs.  Not gonna win when that happens.

They threw the B lineup out there today, so those key at-bats came with Hector Gomez, Kelby Tomlinson and Suarez all due up.  Kind of tough to score at all with that lineup. 

Texas just scored 5 runs, hitting 1 ball out of the IF.

Double

K

K

Intentional walk

Error

Dropped 3rd strike (scored TWO runs)

Walk

Walk (scored run)

Infield single (hit into shift, but 2B was playing too deep)

Ground out

Only the Seattle Mariners folks.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Go get those scrubs, Buehler.

Weird that Smith just got moved to tomorrow for no apparent reason.  I need some ace nights from Sale, Buehler, and Verlander.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Go get those scrubs, Buehler.

I concur.  Looking forward to watching it shortly.

Even though it's against another weak opponent, if he goes out does what he should, then I'll be thrilled regardless.

Anyone know what happens to the stats from Yankees/Nats that was suspended yesterday?

for weekly h2h leagues will the stats get added to this week?  Or will they all move to the week in which the game is finished.

3 hours ago, mdbomb said:

Anyone know what happens to the stats from Yankees/Nats that was suspended yesterday?

for weekly h2h leagues will the stats get added to this week?  Or will they all move to the week in which the game is finished.

if u play on espn. the points accumulated yesterday stay in the current matchup. any points accumulated when they complete the game will towards the matchup it takes place duuring

Don't know if anyone posted about this but today I saw the dumbest and funniest thing all at the same time..

With two outs in the bottom of the 9th and down 12-1 the NY Mets decided that they needed to bring the grounds keeping crew out to redirt the infield. I think that just about sums up the NY Mets.. nothing ever makes any sense!

• Like 4