NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aww yes...I remember those days. Mrs. Theory slicing through hitters in the 9th like it was her warm banana bread.

So can we rename this "The Daily Crothcrickets Bitching Thread" yet or what?    

*checks stats around the start of the games today*   1/1....ahhh today’s gonna be a good day   *checks stats a little bit later*   1/8....ahhh today’s not going to be a g

33 minutes ago, Philoumenos said:

For some reason, with all the farmhands they've called up over the past few years, I guess I had an impression that it was a young team. Didn't realize the average age on the team was around 29. 

But I agree. I don't think moving on from Roberts will really improve much of anything, other than maybe a slight initial boost from the new voice in the clubhouse. They seem to be a fairly analytically minded team (considering it's where Gabe "Gabermetrics" Kapler came from), so I find it hard to believe that much of this can be pinned on Roberts anyways. They're just old and injured.

They have easily a top 10 farm system. Probably top 5. Once they get rid of Utley, Hill, Forsythe don't resign Puig and hopefully don't pay big on Kershaw they will be in good shape down the line. This year is a lost season, they should sell what they can.

15 minutes ago, whyamiajetfan said:

i calling a Springer lead off homer... i am super shook about this Garret Richards start oufff...   only plus is I have altuve also but still 

Next time

3 minutes ago, evillaw4eva said:

They have easily a top 10 farm system. Probably top 5. Once they get rid of Utley, Hill, Forsythe don't resign Puig and hopefully don't pay big on Kershaw they will be in good shape down the line. This year is a lost season, they should sell what they can.

I agree Top 10 for sure, but I think Top 5 is pushing it a bit.

Regardless, your point stands. Once some of the older guys are gone, they should have plenty of players to reload with.

That said, I still don't think any of this really has to do with Roberts. I'd give him another year with the reloaded roster, and if the team is underwhelming again, find someone new.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

the trainers were checking mookie s Achilles in the dugout.... I missed the play in the field

He back petaled into the fence tracking a HR.  Stayed in the game but was flexing it the rest of the inning 

Sheesh how did Contreras get a bat on 97 from Minter up around his nose.  Lined to center for a single.

minter looked pretty good that inning

Edited by LJJr