NBC Sports Edge Forums

I am in a 14 team h2h dynasty league. I accepted a trade where I receive stanton and ohtani(batter) for marte, cain and bichette . I am having buyers remorse. Did I screw up by trading away bichette?

c evan gattis
1b brandon belt
2b starlin castro
3b manny machado
ss trevor story
lf ronald acuna
cf staling marte
rf bryce harper
util loranzo cain
bn albert pujols
bn maikel franco
bn evan longoria
na juan soto
na bo bichette
na colton walker

sp robert gsellman
sp jose quintana
sp kyle gibson
rp arodys vizcaino
rp josh hader
rp ross stripling
p ryan madsen
p brad boxberger
p jakob junis
bn kevin gausman
bn miles mikolas
bn ivan nova
dl hyun jin ryu
dl danny salazar
dl carlos rodon
dl julio urias
na jesus luzardo

na sixto sanchez

you might regret it several years from now when Stanton is aging and Bo is in his prime. MIGHT

you got one great player for several years, one rookie who could be good to very good who has all the appearances for a guy who is not a bust for two ok fantasy players and a prospect. 

3 minutes ago, tmccollu said:

you might regret it several years from now when Stanton is aging and Bo is in his prime. MIGHT

you got one great player for several years, one rookie who could be good to very good who has all the appearances for a guy who is not a bust for two ok fantasy players and a prospect. 

I guess my main concern was should I have dealt Soto instead or was he the right prospect to hang onto?

3 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

I guess my main concern was should I have dealt Soto instead or was he the right prospect to hang onto?

not sure there is a wrong answer there. Bo is projected for more power at the moment and if he sticks at 2b/ss is a nice to have there while Soto has the makings of more of a hit tool with hopefully developing power. this is what people a helluva lot smarter than us are suggesting. 

you never know where they will end up 

6 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

It's the flip of a coin with guys like those. 

You did just fine in that deal. I would have done it. 

Just now, tmccollu said:

not sure there is a wrong answer there. Bo is projected for more power at the moment and if he sticks at 2b/ss is a nice to have there while Soto has the makings of more of a hit tool with hopefully developing power. this is what people a helluva lot smarter than us are suggesting. 

you never know where they will end up 

Is it the other way around? Soto is the one with more power?

if you would have traded bo for let's say ... Donaldson I'd go mmmm idk about that deal. Or (putting the suspension aside) Cano before the whole steroid thing came out I'd have said oooo bad deal Cano is declining. 

But stanton is going to decline when? 5 years from now? 

For argument sake wash otani and bo ... let's assume they have similar careers. It's essentially stanton for cain and marte. thats a home run

2 minutes ago, tmccollu said:

it depends on which scouting report you read. I looked them both up on mlb.com to refresh my memory on soto. 

For Soto I think the scouting reports are not updated. Apparently he packed on some muscle in the offseason. This year he currently has 13 hr.

3 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

Curious why do you prefer bo over soto? 

Maybe just a hunch, as i like both.

But i think BO's hit tool, is a bit higher. 70 grade

Soto might in the end, hit for a bit more power, but that's not a certainty.

I like BOs SS, and soon to be 2B rating.