NBC Sports Edge Forums

Austin Meadows 2018 Outlook

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Topkin] - #Rays are sending Meadows, just acquired from #Pirates, to AAA @DurhamBulls to play everyday for a while. Glasnow to join big-league team

Wonder how long 'a while' is. Dammit. Feel pot committed to hanging onto him for a few weeks now. 

17 hours ago, TTRA1N said:

Rays going to let him play now with Pham out?

Looks like he is still on the farm. Not sure why they don't bring him up. Meadows is a very similar player to their current CF Kevin Kiermair...good D (though not as refined as KK) in CF, solid hit tool, top of order 15/15 players, though I think Meadows may have more average potential. And both seem to be injury proned. I see Meadows as an acquisition that could see the Rays shopping KK in the off-season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else holding?  I've got some rosters moves to make soon and just wondering if he should survive the cut.

He's been putting up some good numbers at AAA since joining the Rays, but can't really find any indication of a call-up, at least not before september.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone convince me one way or the other that this guy is a good stash now for the fantasy playoff run?  No chance TB can keep him down.  Are we expecting full-time ABs?

1 hour ago, IceGoat said:

Anyone know what the latest is on this guy? Apparently, in his three homer game (since which I have been stashing him), he was hit by a pitch and hasn't played since. There has nary been an update on him. 

Last night was his first game back since the injury, 2nd game of the postseason for Durham.  He hit 3rd and went 0/4 with a BB in the loss.

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

Last night was his first game back since the injury, 2nd game of the postseason for Durham.  He hit 3rd and went 0/4 with a BB in the loss.

Oh, I didn't see that in the game log when I looked just before. I wonder if he's worth holding onto in a re-draft. 

9 minutes ago, IceGoat said:

Oh, I didn't see that in the game log when I looked just before. I wonder if he's worth holding onto in a re-draft. 

That's exactly what I'm struggling with.  The guy mashes - he's done it in the minors all year and to a lesser extent he did it already in the majors with Pittsburgh.  My hesitation comes with Tampa Bay's handling of him.  They've had multiple chances to call him up and never done it.  If someone told me he'd for sure get called up and receive every-day ABs, he'd already be on my roster.  But looking at what the Rays have done so far, I have no idea what is going to happen.

Was planning on this guy being a huge help for the playoffs once he finally joins the Rays.

But since his 3 homer game, he has been 3/19.  I know it's not a huge sample size but it's definitely discouraging...

Archived