NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kristian Robinson ARI OF

• 1 year later...

I see now why his prospect ranking plummeted. Maybe he has had these episodes before and his family hushed up the insanity hoping it would stay private. In any event I hope it is treatable with a MLB approved drug regimen. then again maybe he had a bad trip on an illegal drug and goes straight. Since I own him in a dynasty I have to hope for the best. 

• 3 weeks later...

Since he isn't even playing I had to move on. Not sure where he is or when/if he will play this year. I hope he gets help for whatever problems he has.

3 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

Since he isn't even playing I had to move on. Not sure where he is or when/if he will play this year. I hope he gets help for whatever problems he has.

I think he hasn't played because of VISA problem; then not health related.

10 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

Don't over react. He's too talented of a player to give up on over that. He has some mental heath issues, It happens. He's not the first and will not be the last. There have been allot of them that have had big careers and you just have to have faith he'll be one of them in the end.

17 minutes ago, Fantasy Monk said:

Don't over react. He's too talented of a player to give up on over that. 

And yet, I have given up on him nonetheless.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Overlord said:

And yet, I have given up on him nonetheless.  

Of Course whatever I say isn't going to stop you from doing whatever it is your going to do. I think it's a mistake but you have to make your mistakes to learn from them.

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Fantasy Monk said:

Of Course whatever I say isn't going to stop you from doing whatever it is your going to do. I think it's a mistake but you have to make your mistakes to learn from them.

The mistake of not investing a precious fantasy baseball roster slot on a guy who can't even fly into the U.S. cause he assaulted a police officer while apparently having a mental illness-related break with reality is a chance I'm willing to take!!!!

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Overlord said:

The mistake of not investing a precious fantasy baseball roster slot on a guy who can't even fly into the U.S. cause he assaulted a police officer while apparently having a mental illness-related break with reality is a chance I'm willing to take!!!!

Depends on your league context, if he’s dropped in any leagues with 50+ prospects I will be grabbing him.

52 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Of Course I know it's not simple but his team has people working to get him back to the states and even though it's not going to be simple but they will manage too get him back here in time but it might take them a few months and once he's back he might have to pay for what he has done and he could be suspended but forget that has play says he could be a 40 Plus Home Run Guy that could steal 30 Bases and if he is doing that 5 years from now for some other team in your league don't think you aren't paying for that.

Simple Fact is 40 Home Run Guys with Speed always gets a Minor League Spot for as long as it takes for them to get to the Majors. Of Course there is always a risk he could be a bust, It can Happen, Players can get to the Majors and prove they can't hit, It does happen but he has zero history of having trouble hitting. You got to think he can hit tell he prove otherwise and there is nothing in his play to question that.

Sure He messed Up and He'll pay for it but we're stuck holding him for there is no way of getting a fair return for him for as a player he's a profile that you don't ever give up on.

simpler fact teams hate being tied to nut jobs. Why the guy left the US in the first place with a felony charge against him is strange. It is just weird that there is no updates on this story. From last August til May 19 this criminal case has apparently went nowhere.  A speedy trial has obviously been ignored by the prosecutor. I felt no joy in cutting Kristian for Jarran Duran just felt this was another lost year of development. Talent has been wasted before and while this story is not over it is finished for me.

• Like 1

People make mistakes, he will be judged and will have to deal with that, perhaps he already has given it was related to mental health.  Given his age and reputation I think he will get off lightly for this.  He went home to renew his visa which is what created the current situation, otherwise he would be playing now and waiting for any sentence or suspension.  As a human being I hope he recovers and goes on to a successful career worthy of his talent.  

this thread has devolved into 2 main concepts. first give up on him and pick up the best available prospect. Second stay the course talent wins out. IMO we are both right or can be right or wrong. In any event it does not sound like he will play much if at all this year and after losing all last year I will sell.

• 1 month later...

On the CBS update under his profile, the message states probable for July 1st. I'm holding or looking to trade for him at a serious discount in my leagues. I don't have the EQ or IQ to know when it is time to let prospect gold go.

In deep leagues my thought process is that you can probably trade a couple of fringy top 80-150 prospects for Kristian and if he obtains his VISA he will instantly be valued as a top 50 prospect again. If you believe he won't be able to overcome mental health issues the play would be to trade him as a top 50 prospect, otherwise hold and if he overcomes his mental health issues there is a good chance he becomes a top 10 prospect in 2022. I usually love to do quality for quantity (crap) trades on the quality side and two fringy top 80-150 prospects have less of a chance to be impactful major leaguers than KR does of getting his VISA and then becoming a better major leaguer than either of the two players you traded for to get him.