NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cubs got any nice pitching prospects?  I’m willing to bet Chatwood experiment will be over here any second.  Joe Maddon doesn’t seem entertained by these walks anymore.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

greg bird HBP in the arm with bases loaded. Got an RBI but his ankle is probably broken

LeBron James ..... talk about a GOAT..... I rooted against him so hard after he went to Miami, but after watching him this playoff run ..... he's just .... insane!   ***i know its not baseba

Yes, he just has zero idea where it’s going.  

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

Cubs got any nice pitching prospects?  I’m willing to bet Chatwood experiment will be over here any second.  Joe Maddon doesn’t seem entertained by these walks anymore.

Not really watching the game. Just listening. Did they just say he walked the pitcher to lead off the inning? Truly priceless.

14 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

9 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Can't find the plate at all.  He's bullpen bound.  Montgomery has been awful, wonder who the speculative add may be?

It was speculated that Adbert Alzolay could get the call to replace Darvish, but appears they are going with Montgomery for tomorrow, then slotting Lester and Hendricks for the rest of the PIT series.  Alzolay is their top pitching prospect though, but has struggled in his past 3-4 starts.  He has an electric arm though and could still be an option if they end the Chatwood experiment.

• Thanks 2

No hyperbole.  Tyler Chatwood has zero business pitching in the majors.  Cubs need to Van Wilder father him aka realize they made a bad investment and cut their losses.  At least for 2018 season.  He has worst mechanics I’ve ever seen.  He walked the pitcher twice.  There’s no reason for a pitcher to swing because odds are he won’t throw you 3 actual called strikes in an at bat.  He has way too many moving parts in delivery.  He needs to be completely broken back down and built back up.  Going to take a very large amount of work to fix this guy.  He’s broken beyond repair for this year.  

• Like 1

I must need to get my vision checked because for a second there I looked at the box score of the Cubs/Giants game and thought I saw Pablo Sandoval batting 6th and playing 2nd base.

• Like 2

LeBron James ..... talk about a GOAT..... I rooted against him so hard after he went to Miami, but after watching him this playoff run ..... he's just .... insane!

***i know its not baseball, but this is a GAME day thread and it deserves mentioning

• Like 3
4 hours ago, meh2 said:

I must need to get my vision checked because for a second there I looked at the box score of the Cubs/Giants game and thought I saw Pablo Sandoval batting 6th and playing 2nd base.

You saw right. 

Interesting idea by the Giants.  Did he have any balls hit to him?