NBC Sports Edge Forums

ROS: Ken Giles or Keone Kela?

I’d ride it out with Giles. All of his damage seems to come in non save situations and I don’t think he’s in trouble with his job since he’s 9/9 so far in save situations. The late inning rallies to balloon leads this weekend were weird, but that doesn’t seem like something that happens all season

At this point I think I'd actually go with Kela. I'm a Ranger fan and he can be scary, but almost all of his damage this year has come in non-save situations. And as mentioned above, I'm not convinced Giles will be the Astros closer by the end of the season. I'm betting they go get someone by the trade deadline.

2 hours ago, SpartanDawg said:

I’d ride it out with Giles. All of his damage seems to come in non save situations and I don’t think he’s in trouble with his job since he’s 9/9 so far in save situations. The late inning rallies to balloon leads this weekend were weird, but that doesn’t seem like something that happens all season

This and his FIP is 2.30.

I'd go Giles.

EDIT: I'd go Giles in the short term anyway. He plays for a much better team then Kela and should get more save opportunities as a result. Yes, he's been struggling, but I still think you roll with him until he loses his closer role. Now... that's very possible. At that point I'd make whatever move you need to make, be it picking up the new Houston closer or someone else. But Kela to me isn't worth the move right now.

Edited by Idoolittle