NBC Sports Edge Forums

Roster and settings for those on mobile:

Shallow 8 team Roto 7x7  Re-draft     (R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, XBH, PA  /  W, Sv, K ERA, QS, IP, GIDP)     1450 max IP

C-   Perez,        1B-  Belt (1B/OF),         2B-  Rizzo (1B/2B),        SS-Turner,       3B- Shaw,        MI-  Baez (2B/SS/CI)   

CI-  Bellinger (1B/OF),       (3)- Judge,      Soto,       Brantley,                   U-   Gennett (2B/3B/OF)

bench-     Donaldson,         Pham

SP-  Kershaw,       Bumgarner,      Corbin,        Snell,        Buehler   

RP-  Jansen,     Kimbrel,      Knebel,      Diaz,      Familia,                                                  DL-     Syndergaard,     Acuna

Being a relatively shallow eight team league, most prospects don't get rostered until their time is imminent.  Since we think Vlad's time is soon, I'm thinking on grabbing him now.  I have an open roster slot, so no problems there.  But what are realistic expectations for him ROS?  The reason I ask is that I may need to put Donaldson in a trade offer, which would leave me with Shaw as my primary 3B, though Baez and Gennett would also be eligible there.  But are we thinking Vlad will be good enough he could be my primary CI?  Or is that too optimistic?  I know his career is going to be awesome.  But what about his 2018?

I don't think I would. Everyone on your roster is either giving you production, or has nice upside themselves. I think Vlad could have a big impact immediately, but we don't know when that is going to be, and there is no guarantee of that out of the gate, obviously. Being a roto league in particular, I think it would be detrimental. If it had been a head to head league and wanted to lock down big upside for the late season and playoffs I'd be more on board with it. However, if you can really just move a could guys to bolster another spot of your roster I would feel more comfortable making the move.

• Thanks 1

I personally like the Gamble and hold Vlad in high regards. What's he's doing in the Minors is unbelievable and I'm hoping his time is soon. Donaldson is on the decline and I don't think his shoulder is healthy. I think Vlad will have an immediate impact when called up..... thanks for mine

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, bigpapi88 said:

I don't think I would. Everyone on your roster is either giving you production, or has nice upside themselves. I think Vlad could have a big impact immediately, but we don't know when that is going to be, and there is no guarantee of that out of the gate, obviously. Being a roto league in particular, I think it would be detrimental. If it had been a head to head league and wanted to lock down big upside for the late season and playoffs I'd be more on board with it. However, if you can really just move a could guys to bolster another spot of your roster I would feel more comfortable making the move.

This.

Firstly, I think it's a strong possibility they leave him in the minors the entire season. Secondly, if they are planning on calling him up, it might very soon. If he's called up after June 1st (today) then he is eligible for salary arbitration after three years as opposed to two years if he was called up before June 1st. They could've been waiting until literally today to call him up. If their not contending though, they might leave him in the minors the entire season so they have an additional year of control on him and don't waste a year of control for half a season of play when they are not in the playoff hunt.