Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

June Closer Thread 2018


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kelvin Herrera - Alex Colome Owners Support Group  

Parker getting set before the pitch...  

This is the laziness that frustrates many of us, and just adds to a thread that is already difficult for many people to read through. It’s only 2 pages, and question was asked and answered one page be

Posted Images

"get rest" is usually code for "he's not at 100% at the moment" for whatever reason 

 

or the guy is being secretly disciplined for some infraction

 

or for any other reason the manager doesn't want to the public to know

 

don't take almost anything they say at face value ... it's infamously called "coach speak" for a reason

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 6Kill said:

Hand in AGAIN in the 8th

 

Damn Hand has been a killer for Yates owners lately. They can’t keep this up or they will burn him out. I wonder why they are pushing so hard: it’s not like they don’t have good arms in their pen

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, merlin401 said:

 

Damn Hand has been a killer for Yates owners lately. They can’t keep this up or they will burn him out. I wonder why they are pushing so hard: it’s not like they don’t have good arms in their pen

I know it’s most likely notttt happening but it would be so so sweet if they would just let Yatesy take the 9th today!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 6Kill said:

I know it’s most likely notttt happening but it would be so so sweet if they would just let Yatesy take the 9th today!

 

Or maybe... it will happen after all! 

 

Strange move, I guess it was lefty /righty matchups?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Chaz Roe nails down a save?

 

tumblr_inline_mzx5abJfnX1s4v4p9.gif

 

So what's the read on the TB situation then? Is it likely to be Roe going forward? Such a strange pen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, merlin401 said:

 

Or maybe... it will happen after all! 

 

Strange move, I guess it was lefty /righty matchups?

I think it’s because they wanted Hand to face the heart of the order (3-4-5) and hope Yates can cleanup the garbage 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Flyman75 said:

 

So what's the read on the TB situation then? Is it likely to be Roe going forward? Such a strange pen. 

 

Is there anyway to know what’s going on with them? Roe is as likely to start a game as he is to close it out next. Kidding but not THAT kidding!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, merlin401 said:

 

Is there anyway to know what’s going on with them? Roe is as likely to start a game as he is to close it out next. Kidding but not THAT kidding!

 

So true!

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Hicks finally getting his command under control? Maybe he's must-add now

 

He is. He’s incorporated a slider to go along with his disgusting sinker and now he’s getting strikeouts.

 

He’s must own imo.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I'd go Gsellman.  A few reasons...

1) he's been pitching better, I think, of late

2) I prefer his relatively clear opportunity over Roe's completely indecipherable one

3) Gsellman is the best pitcher of Mets options---Roe isn't (Alvarado is, imo)

4) As between Familia's health/trade vs Tampa committing to one guy I think it's a push, or the first is a better bet

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Whizzinator said:

Personally, I'd go Gsellman.  A few reasons...

1) he's been pitching better, I think, of late

2) I prefer his relatively clear opportunity over Roe's completely indecipherable one

3) Gsellman is the best pitcher of Mets options---Roe isn't (Alvarado is, imo)

4) As between Familia's health/trade vs Tampa committing to one guy I think it's a push, or the first is a better bet

 

Some good points there. As no1, Roe has been pitching better than Gsellman over the last month...especially over the last two weeks. It could also be argued that Swarzak is a better option than Gsellman. I'm not saying he is or isn't, but he was really good last year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...