NBC Sports Edge Forums

June Closer Thread 2018

1 hour ago, chrisrfu said:

Greg Holland pitched a clean inning today with 2Ks. That's back-to-back days with clean innings. Broadcasters also mentioned he's looked different.

So, they almost let it slip that the Cardinals cut Holland and replaced him with a guy off the street wearing his jersey?  That way they don't have to pay Holland's contract and another guy's.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kelvin Herrera - Alex Colome Owners Support Group  

Parker getting set before the pitch...  

This is the laziness that frustrates many of us, and just adds to a thread that is already difficult for many people to read through. It’s only 2 pages, and question was asked and answered one page be

Posted Images

Just to reaffirm the situation with the Giants.  Watson came on in the 7th after Holland got into a 1st and 3rd with no outs.  Dyson currently warming up for the top of the 9th, up 3.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

K and single so far for Dyson...

And now a double after Hernandez loses the ball in the sun.  2nd and 3rd 1 out.

Just now, ToO_BaD said:

And now a double after Hernandez loses the ball in the sun.  2nd and 3rd 1 out.

terrible play, was scared of the wall (that was 20 feet away) and kept looking back, that's why he lost it.

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

game-tying run at plate for Dyson after a sac fly.

Single allows a second run.  Now 6-5.  Mother F-er.  Hernandez makes the catch and the inning would be over already.

I will say this - Moronta is my dark horse for some closing duties on that team.  I know he is young and inexperienced, but his numbers have been strong and the Ks are there.  Plus he just looks more like a closer to me.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Womp womp 

off topic can you explain the womp womp thing to me? pm if needed

also, is tony watson worth an add now or is it moronto?

Edited by jfazz23
1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

it's the sad trombone sound, like after Debbie Downer says something.

fantasy save hunter: I hear Sam Dyson was named the new closer?

debbie downer: yeah, he just gave up 2 runs and was pulled from the game in a save opp.

*wooooomp woooomp*

source.gif

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

also, is tony watson worth an add now or is it moronto?

Watson is worth an add just because he was mentioned along with Dyson before Bochy came out and said it would be more heavily Dyson.  If you have the room, Melancon could be worth a spec add if he ends up floating up as the best of the worst.  Moronta is a definite outside add.  As much as I like him, I am just not sure Bochy would throw him in there.  He loves his vets.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Watson is worth an add just because he was mentioned along with Dyson before Bochy came out and said it would be more heavily Dyson.  If you have the room, Melancon could be worth a spec add if he ends up floating up as the best of the worst.  Moronta is a definite outside add.  As much as I like him, I am just not sure Bochy would throw him in there.  He loves his vets.

Will Smith?  

Just now, Magoo said:

Will Smith?  

I don't think so.  I think he likes to keep him as a middle relief lefty option.  And Smith can give you a couple innings if need be.