NBC Sports EDGE Forums

June Closer Thread 2018

smeeze

Boxberger has easily bottom 5 stuff of any arm pitching 9th consistently right now.  It’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when he loses his job.  His stuff sucks.  And yes I own him, and no I’m not stashing multiple arms to hopefully land on the one.  I’ll ride him until wheels fall off which I expect is soon.  

Edited by Cmilne23

2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Don't get me wrong, Box put himself into the situation with 2 men in scoring position. (not a Box owner btw)

Wont lose his job over this though, but for those who do own him he needs to start getting some clean outings under his belt or else...

McCarthey is pitching the 7th inning of a scoreless game for the Royals. I have no idea how Ned is going to try to get the final 9 outs with the trash he has left. If there’s a save opp tonight will the Royals reliever have an ERA under 10.0?

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

Boxberger has easily bottom 5 stuff of any arm pitching 9th consistently right now.  It’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when he loses his job.  His stuff sucks.  And yes I own him, and no I’m not stashing multiple arms to hopefully land on the one.  I’ll ride him until wheels fall off which I expect is soon.  

He got out of that inning ... and in all in all no runs should have score. 

Just now, shakestreet said:

He got out of that inning ... and in all in all no runs should have score. 

90-92 with a predictable change up and zero breaking ball doesn’t last forever.  His stuff sucks.  He relies on command and pitch and pray.  It’s not impossible he holds up, but odds are somewhat low.  Plus he has usage restrictions, he’s a fragile arm with mediocre stuff.  Not a horse I’ll bet on.

26 minutes ago, meh2 said:

McCarthey is pitching the 7th inning of a scoreless game for the Royals. I have no idea how Ned is going to try to get the final 9 outs with the trash he has left. If there’s a save opp tonight will the Royals reliever have an ERA under 10.0?

Next up Justin Grimm and his cool 13.89 ERA!

That was quite an easy save for Soria.

It's not like Rondon needed the work, so not sure why they brought him in then.  The 2 walks were very unlike Rondon though, as he only had walked 6 prior to tonight's game.  5 of his 8 in June though.