NBC Sports EDGE Forums

6/6 - GAME DAY THREAD

5 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Original Nintendo was harsh. That game was virtually impossible to beat because there were points you had no idea what the hell you were supposed to do. You were also 8 years old at the time.

yBz9s29.gif

This was my one my FAVORITE games as a kid.  This was level 3..... NEVER beat it.... but I LOVED the characters!  

This might of been when I learned what the word frustrating really meant

• Like 2

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, jahweedum said:

ef8e07538dbcf86972cb30aea13ee93a.jpg

GREATEST baseball game of my childhood.  RF J. Hurt was Jay Buhner & THE bomber to hit with in the game!  I mean it's a nostalgic memory, but it was along the lines of Tecmo bowl when it came to PURE ARCADE fun!

In retro, that dude might have been on something.

Just now, BMcP said:

In retro, that dude might have been on something.

Crazy thing, was I remember it was way easier to hit HRs with him, even though the ONLY licensed player in the game was Griffey himself!  (Who also had a nice HR ratio, but Buhner was THE beast for some reason in that game)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I don't know what this glitch is - am I putting words in someone else's mouth? Haha - it won't let me type outside this box for some reason.... I could make you say ANYTHING!! MUAHAHAHA!

Edited by jahweedum
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jahweedum said:

yBz9s29.gif

This was my one my FAVORITE games as a kid.  This was level 3..... NEVER beat it.... but I LOVED the characters!  

This might of been when I learned what the word frustrating really meant

Battletoads was...very difficult to say the least. I think I made it to the Robo Manus fight and got destroyed. Good times.

38 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Original Nintendo was harsh. That game was virtually impossible to beat because there were points you had no idea what the hell you were supposed to do. You were also 8 years old at the time.

I didn't get into Castlevania or Zelda but I was able to beat some games like mega Man and contra

36 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Does anyone else remember how you could send like nine fielders sliding incessantly to field a play on the original Nintendo game?  It cracks me up tot his day

I was trying to find a YouTube of that. Was it bases loaded or rbi baseball?

• JFS179 locked this topic