Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Geronimo Allison 2018 Outlook


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

 

Over BMW??? Ballsy.

 

Think GA is safer. BMW has (more) target competition. Plus, (SF LAC) gameflow may come into play today. Someone else posted this in the thread, but I don’t see SF putting up points today. So LAC could grind this one out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

Peterson scares me in the Baldwin matchup.  I think Peterson is gonna shut down Baldwin and if Seattle gets anything going through the air it's gonna have to be through lockett.  

 

Peterson isn't following this year and Baldwin plays in the slot so doesnt really affect him.  Nonetheless I have both and Im starting Allison and John Brown over Baldwin

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really as pumped as everyone else...not sure he’ll do much fantasy damage after the Packers are up 24-0 in the second with a Josh Allen pick 6...could be a dud if he doesnt pick up a bunch of points early

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ruut6 said:

Not really as pumped as everyone else...not sure he’ll do much fantasy damage after the Packers are up 24-0 in the second with a Josh Allen pick 6...could be a dud if he doesnt pick up a bunch of points early

Too hard to predict game flow. I get what you're saying but he's the number 2 WR for Mr Rodgers today. He was already effective as a number 3. If you own him this is the time you have to start him unless blocked by much better options. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Not really as pumped as everyone else...not sure he’ll do much fantasy damage after the Packers are up 24-0 in the second with a Josh Allen pick 6...could be a dud if he doesnt pick up a bunch of points early

Do u have a crystal ball? Set it and forget it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cowan_j2012 said:

Too hard to predict game flow. I get what you're saying but he's the number 2 WR for Mr Rodgers today. He was already effective as a number 3. If you own him this is the time you have to start him unless blocked by much better options. 

You’re right, game flow prediction is lame, I know anything can happen. I’m just not as high on him as everyone. Hope I’m wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched this cat today and he is really terrible...Dropped to easy catches ( one got him concussed because he turned before catching the ball ). I can see Rodgers tearing into him after this game

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Watched this cat today and he is really terrible...Dropped to easy catches ( one got him concussed because he turned before catching the ball ). I can see Rodgers tearing into him after this game

First of all a pro doesn't become terrible just because he dropped a couple balls.  Second of all, nobody is going to tear into a concussed teammate after the game. This take is beyond ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jtbgator said:

I haven't heard of any update on GA. Anyone? We should hear something today.

 

I think McCarthy said “week to week” the other day which is a pretty blanket statement for a concussion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, em33 said:

So whats his value right now? (guessing that when GA comes back Cobb would be back too)

 

why? Allison can be back this week, Cobb sounds like it will be a while. 

 

it is a concussion not a torn ACL, he just needs to pass the tests and he is back to 100%.  he still has a few days to do that to make it for this week.  so unless they rule him out today he stays in my starting lineup till that happens

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Panthor said:

 

why? Allison can be back this week, Cobb sounds like it will be a while. 

 

it is a concussion not a torn ACL, he just needs to pass the tests and he is back to 100%.  he still has a few days to do that to make it for this week.  so unless they rule him out today he stays in my starting lineup till that happens

 

It was a guess man, also he didn't practice today so I'm hoping he plays this week. So the correct question is: Whats his value when Cobb comes back?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, em33 said:

 

It was a guess man, also he didn't practice today so I'm hoping he plays this week. So the correct question is: Whats his value when Cobb comes back?

 

 

same as it was before Cobb was out, he was performing great with Cobb there

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Panthor said:

 

 

same as it was before Cobb was out, he was performing great with Cobb there

Think Allison's value is safe.

 

Cobb however,

Isn't that good. He hasn't topped 700 yards since 2015. He's dealing with a hamstring injury, seems just as serious as fournettes. I think Marquez Valdez-Scantling could wallypipp Cobb, so could Geronimo Allison.

 

If I was an Allison owner I'd be trying to grab Marquez, a very fluid situation. Concussions could be small too or serious a la Ladarius Green, probably won't be that bad tho.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Think Allison's value is safe.

 

Cobb however,

Isn't that good. He hasn't topped 700 yards since 2015. He's dealing with a hamstring injury, seems just as serious as fournettes. I think Marquez Valdez-Scantling could wallypipp Cobb, so could Geronimo Allison.

 

If I was an Allison owner I'd be trying to grab Marquez, a very fluid situation. Concussions could be small too or serious a la Ladarius Green, probably won't be that bad tho.

 

 

is isn't that what i said? as for MVS, i don't trust that guy just yet, we've already seen what Rodgers thinks of the rookies,  they could simply just us Monte in the slot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know how this concussion protocol works? What are the chances Allison plays Sunday? I'm in desperation mode here! lol All 4 of my receivers are questionable!

 

And if Cobb plays too, does Allison still hold value?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Anyone know how this concussion protocol works? What are the chances Allison plays Sunday? I'm in desperation mode here! lol All 4 of my receivers are questionable!

 

And if Cobb plays too, does Allison still hold value?

 

Every NFL player diagnosed with a concussion must follow a five-step process before being cleared to fully practice or participate in an NFL game. This process, developed from internationally accepted guidelines, ensures that each player receives consistent treatment.

 

Each player and each concussion is unique, and there is no set time-frame for return to participation. Team medical staff consider the player’s current concussive injury, as well as past exposures and medical history, family history and future risk in managing a player’s care.

 

After a player has progressed through the five-step process, and is cleared for full participation by his club physician, he must be seen and separately cleared by an Independent Neurological Consultant (INC), jointly approved by the NFL and NFLPA, who is not affiliated with any NFL club. Until cleared by this independent physician, a player may not return to contact practice or play in an NFL game.

 

https://www.playsmartplaysafe.com/newsroom/videos/nfl-head-neck-spine-committees-concussion-protocol-overview/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...