NBC Sports Edge Forums

Geronimo Allison 2018 Outlook

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, frog34 said:

How did the Packers reserve WRs look for those who watched the game? Because Valdes-Scantling and St.Brown both put up typical Geronimo 2018 numbers. A-Rod makes WRs pretty much exchangable, and if these replacement guys have shown enough skill to at least stay involved in the game plan, Geronimo's value might take a dive. Also remember that both these guys are draft picks by their new GM Gutekunst, while Geronimo is an UDFA of the Thompson era.

Asking this mainly because Geronimo was dropped in my league and I'm thinking of using the #2 claim for him.

I prefer Allison over the rookies who made a few mistakes.  Allison has a better report with Rogers. 

8 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

I prefer Allison over the rookies who made a few mistakes.  Allison has a better report with Rogers. 

Valdes scantling didn't look noticeably worse than Allison. I think everyone improves after the bye week with some more practice time with Rodgers after being injured so much

Apparently Allison has cleared the concussion protocol but still didn't practice today because of his hamstring. 4 out of my 5 receivers are questionable with hamstring injuries. LOL

Is anyone going to hold onto Allison as he most likely won't play this week and the Packers are on bye next week. Is he worth holding onto in 12 team leagues?? This is getting really frustrating especially since Cobb has been out this whole time too.

4 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Apparently Allison has cleared the concussion protocol but still didn't practice today because of his hamstring. 4 out of my 5 receivers are questionable with hamstring injuries. LOL

Is anyone going to hold onto Allison as he most likely won't play this week and the Packers are on bye next week. Is he worth holding onto in 12 team leagues?? This is getting really frustrating especially since Cobb has been out this whole time too.

If he doesn't practice today at all I would say he's out Monday night.  With that & the bye week coming up, he should be good to go week 8

Rob DemovskyVerified account @RobDemovsky
FollowingFollowing @RobDemovsky
More

Randall Cobb and Geronimo Allison were surprise participants in practice after indications were they would both be in the rehab group because of their hamstring injuries. They even took some reps in the 11-on-11 unit drill. https://es.pn/2RGUZfO 

1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

Of course he's a hold in 12 teamers and larger.  

Geronimo Allison (hamstring) returned to Packers practice on Thursday.

As did Randall Cobb (hamstring). It gives both a shot at returning for Monday night's game against the 49ers. Even with both sidelined in Week 5, Aaron Rodgers threw for the second-most yards of his career. Allison and Cobb's return would kill Marquez Valdes-Scantling's WR4 appeal. We should know Allison's status by Saturday.
Oct 11 - 1:09 PM

I don't love Allison this week vs SF.  The Packers will not need to really dig deep into their offensive weapons to beat the 49ers.  

I feel Rodgers will be somewhat 'rested' and only throw maybe 30-35 passes.  Id bet it will be more like an Aaron Jones show on Monday.  Rodgers will still likely put up 2-3 TDs I just dont see a ton of attempts/yards to go around.  

Allison will probably also be relegated to going to Sherman's side of the field as a decoy. The Packers are notorious for putting their 2nd best WR on the side of the field when an elite CB stays on one side of the field, and just completely ignoring them. 

31 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

I don't love Allison this week vs SF.  The Packers will not need to really dig deep into their offensive weapons to beat the 49ers.  

I feel Rodgers will be somewhat 'rested' and only throw maybe 30-35 passes.  Id bet it will be more like an Aaron Jones show on Monday.  Rodgers will still likely put up 2-3 TDs I just dont see a ton of attempts/yards to go around.  

well 2-3 TDs  still puts Allison right in the middle of all of it.  he is the WR2 on that team.  unless you think he is throwing 3 TDs to Adams. 

but gotta love the injury report games, first it is no practice, hamstring issue, then it is they practice, if there is no set back tomorrow or saturday i see no reason to not fire Allison up into the line up.  Watkins was fine playing last week after being limited in practice with a hamstring last week.

1 minute ago, Panthor said:

well 2-3 TDs  still puts Allison right in the middle of all of it.  he is the WR2 on that team.  unless you think he is throwing 3 TDs to Adams. 

but gotta love the injury report games, first it is no practice, hamstring issue, then it is they practice, if there is no set back tomorrow or saturday i see no reason to not fire Allison up into the line up.  Watkins was fine playing last week after being limited in practice with a hamstring last week.

Adams / Graham are preferred short yard TD options and if Cobb is back Rodgers trusts him alot in Red Zone as well.

I like GA alot overall this year, just don't see anything more than a desperation flex play this week.  Allison is a yardage guy, Rodgers has been throwing the bombs to him mostly and if 49ers don't challenge GB offensively then GB will be pretty conservative in this one with more than likely 0 garbage time points for Allison. 

This situation is one of the biggest downers in FF.  Pick a guy up late in drafts.  See how he plays out over the first few weeks.  He plays well and is a bargin at his ADP.  Then once you're ready to use him during bye weeks, he pulls up lame.  

There really is no excuse for a young WR to have a hamstring issue.  Obviously he isn't doing something right during warm ups or his training routine. Bummer

4 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Yes.  Whenever Cobb is out he’s a WR2 and even with Cobb in there he’s still a high upside WR3 every game

ESPN's Lisa Salters reports Geronimo Allison (hamstring) and Randall Cobb (hamstring) are expected to remain sidelined for Monday's game against the 49ers.

It means Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Equanimeous St. Brown and J'Mon Moore will ride again behind Davante Adams. The absence will be Allison's second straight. The Packers are on bye for Week 7, so hopefully Allison will be ready to roll against the Rams in Week 8. Valdes-Scantling is a plug-and-play WR3 for Week 6.

Archived