NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Richards for Yelich

dychead

12-team. H2H. Standard scoring (with OPS). Pick ups cost cash. 

Get Yelich

Give Richards

My SP is okay, at best. Richards is my #2/#3 (with Ohtani done). But I don’t have a viable CF (own Hicks, Deshields, Eaton). I like the value of this offer, but not sure if it’s worth it. 

Thoughts?

Bellinger for your #2 is iffy.  Great value,but in team context you’re looking at losing every pitching category every week, especially if Richards is your #2.  In 12 teamers he’s probably a 4.   What’s the rest of the staff look like? My initial thought without more information is that the value is so good,even for bellinger, that you could probably turn him into something better than Richards in a few weeks if you need pitching.  

29 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Bellinger for your #2 is iffy.  Great value,but in team context you’re looking at losing every pitching category every week, especially if Richards is your #2.  In 12 teamers he’s probably a 4.   What’s the rest of the staff look like? My initial thought without more information is that the value is so good,even for bellinger, that you could probably turn him into something better than Richards in a few weeks if you need pitching.  

Staff includes Severino, Richards, Quintana, Flahtery, Felix, Gibson, Godley, Soroka, Ohtani (who I’m counting as done). 

I think Quintana is your #2. I think Godley will improve.  Richards is definitely useable but kinda glob for me.  Bellinger is heating up.  At the end of the day he’s a much higher asset and fantast baseball is all about assets.  I’d do it personally,but pretty much every fantasy decision I’ve made this year has been wrong.