NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Eloy Trade help WHIR

You’ll probably get a lot of split opinions.  Personally,I like eloy.  He has huge power with a good hit tool and a relatively safe floor.  Hoskins was never an elite prospect and was over inflated by having a hot 2 months.  He’s really starting to look like the .250, 28 types that while, useful,can be found every year for free and certainly won’t cause you to lose sleep because you took a chance on a potential difference maker.

49 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

You’ll probably get a lot of split opinions.  Personally,I like eloy.  He has huge power with a good hit tool and a relatively safe floor.  Hoskins was never an elite prospect and was over inflated by having a hot 2 months.  He’s really starting to look like the .250, 28 types that while, useful,can be found every year for free and certainly won’t cause you to lose sleep because you took a chance on a potential difference maker.

All of this. 

I would have to agree and go with Eloy.  Best power bat in the minors.  Can see a call up this year and with the White Sox so bad they'll let him play through any struggles he'll have.  I'm not sure what Hoskins would offer that Eloy wouldn't offer as Hoskin's ceiling is lower.