LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are we holding? 

Death lineup as in death of their playoff hopes?

Lebron being the GOAT is a fantasy.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Saucy said:

Damn, he just BALLED. 44 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists, 1 steal, 3 blocks, 11/16 fg, 13/15 ft... Wow. He's an animal.

He couldn't get the triple double though.  *puts LeBron the trading block*

Oh, wait, ESPN took that feature away... and obviously I'm joking.  ;)

Didn't get to watch much of the game, but I just saw the line on my team a little bit ago and all I could say was "damn".

I'm not an LBJ fan mostly due to "The Decision" a few years back, but I gotta admit it's impressive watching him play at this level at his age. All the other players that were drafted with him are either out of the league, or washed up (see Melo). To be able to play every game, and all those minutes, for all this time, and perform at the level he's been playing is something that we may never see again. A couple more years of this, and he'll own every single record in the books.

Edited by Ajax
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Ajax said:

I'm not an LBJ fan mostly due to "The Decision" a few years back, but I gotta admit it's impressive watching him play at this level at his age. All the other players that were drafted with him are either out of the league, or washed up (see Melo). To be able to play every game, and all those minutes, for all this time, and perform at the level he's been playing is something that we may never see again. A couple more years of this, and he'll own every single record in the books.

Exactly the same boat for me, although I love him using his position of power to question the current US govt. (he has gained much respect for that). But like you say to be still doing this and just be SO dominant?! WOW he is the King! Such an specimen! You can do nothing more than watch in awe

• Like 2

GOAT. 2015 No Kyrie/Love still makes me sick, but not as sick as KD ruining what would of been an 80's Celtics/Lakers type rivalry between the Warriors/Cavs although I think the Cavs would win every time as they demoralized them in 2016 hence Draymond crying in the parking lot for the snake to join. What an utterly hollow, fraudulent and pathetic "Dynasty" we are currently witnessing. 

• Like 2

I'm a huge LeBron fan--I never got to see MJ play, but LeBron's the GOAT for me. But I've never had the pleasure of having him on my team. I'd love to own him before he starts to decline (if that ever happens), but I don't want to give up a huge asset this year if he's going to start resting or ratcheting down his production.

What do we think the rest of this year looks like for him? Does he maintain this level of play?

What about looking ahead to the next few years? How long can he remain an elite fantasy asset? What will his production look like if/when LA adds another star (or two)?

14 minutes ago, Silverbacks said:

What do we think the rest of this year looks like for him? Does he maintain this level of play?

What about looking ahead to the next few years? How long can he remain an elite fantasy asset? What will his production look like if/when LA adds another star (or two)?

I'd say Lebron has to get worse this season. He currently has a career best 3P% (While shooting a career high 6 threes per game).  

Health providing, I'd expect him to remain being a top 1-2 round pick for at least a few more years. I thinking saying there's a huge decline after this year would be writing him off too soon, but saying he could do this in 4-5 years is too optimistic. That being said, I feel like that's been his outlook for the past few years.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

His free throw is why he isn’t top 5 in fantasy. Giannis, Westbrook all have similar issues this season. 

Lebron is still looking like the best player in any given night. It’s so amazing considering everyone drafted around the same time is already sunsetting.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:35 AM, Silverbacks said:

I'm a huge LeBron fan--I never got to see MJ play, but LeBron's the GOAT for me. But I've never had the pleasure of having him on my team. I'd love to own him before he starts to decline (if that ever happens), but I don't want to give up a huge asset this year if he's going to start resting or ratcheting down his production.

Why would he rest up? He has to make the lakers not only competitive but actually compete if they hope to survive next years free agency. 

What a blow to his legacy if he becomes the only superstar to not bring LA a chip.

I got offered Booker and Klay for LBJ.... Not sure how to feel. LBJ has been good but I'm scared of resting towards playoffs... 

Is there any particular reason he didn't play too much the other game?

Edited by ejaggit
17 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

I got offered Booker and Klay for LBJ.... Not sure how to feel. LBJ has been good but I'm scared of resting towards playoffs... 

Is there any particular reason he didn't play too much the other game?

West is far too competitive for him to rest to the point where you should consider trading away the king for anything less than a sure fire deal you love

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Stickman71492 said:

Was offered Ben Simmons and McCollum for the King.

And that would have been an easy decline.

Continued nose-diving FT% aside, LeBron is too good across the board to get anything less than roughly a first rounder and another good player back.  Basically every other game is a near triple-double.  Another great game tonight.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

And that would have been an easy decline.

Continued nose-diving FT% aside, LeBron is too good across the board to get anything less than roughly a first rounder and another good player back.  Basically every other game is a near triple-double.  Another great game tonight.

Even in a points league?  Looks like Ben is top 9 currently and I figured CJ could get me 25 a game?

On 12/19/2018 at 8:42 AM, Stickman71492 said:

Even in a points league?  Looks like Ben is top 9 currently and I figured CJ could get me 25 a game?

That may not be so bad then (didn't know it was a points league), but I've also never played in a points league.  Somebody who has would probably be a better help, and it would be better to get your help in the Assistant Coach section.

• Like 1