Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread


Recommended Posts

I have LeBron on my fantasy squad and the past few weeks have been tough with him out.. oh well.

 

LeBron is my favorite player, all time GOAT in my eyes.  It’s smart for him to sit and be 100% sure the injury is healed before coming back.  Heck, I wouldn’t mind if he misses two more weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are we holding? 

Death lineup as in death of their playoff hopes?

Lebron being the GOAT is a fantasy.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Still don’t believe he’s injured

What would he gain by faking an injury other than free rest while simultaneously showcasing/increasing the trade value of the Lakers' young assets a few weeks before the trade deadline? 

 

Waaiiit a minute now . . . 

 

:ph34r:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaboom said:

What would he gain by faking an injury other than free rest while simultaneously showcasing/increasing the trade value of the Lakers' young assets a few weeks before the trade deadline? 

 

Waaiiit a minute now . . . 

 

:ph34r:

That could be true but Lonzo and BI are sabotaging his efforts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, cucubing said:

Is this considered as the first real bad injury for Lebron? He has been very durable through his career. I get that he wants to be back when 100% but the Laker young cats really need him for making that playoff.

Lakers have one of the toughest schedules in the backend of the season. I assume they'll rest Lebron until then/if they have slip out of contention by a decent amount. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kane said:

 

looks like he needs to find time to act in Space Jam 2 smh....wish i didnt trade for him in my dynasty league...gave up the pick that luke doncic >,> 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brandayz said:

So we should sell high while we can?

He could still be out for multiple weeks or he could be back soon.  Just because he supposedly made that statement doesn't mean it will actually be multiple weeks until he's back out on the court.

 

Also, it doesn't matter who the player is.  You're not going to be selling high on him with him being out and having no timetable for his return.  If you can get a great return for him, sure, but I highly doubt anybody is willing to give up a 1st round caliber talent right now that LeBron is worth (or 2nd round even).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

He could still be out for multiple weeks or he could be back soon.  Just because he supposedly made that statement doesn't mean it will actually be multiple weeks until he's back out on the court.

 

Also, it doesn't matter who the player is.  You're not going to be selling high on him with him being out and having no timetable for his return.  If you can get a great return for him, sure, but I highly doubt anybody is willing to give up a 1st round caliber talent right now that LeBron is worth (or 2nd round even).

But if Lakers is out of the playoff race will Bron be shut down then you Think?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

LBJ owners, would you take Markkanen on a 1-on-1?

Disclaimer first:  I do not own LBJ

 

Call me crazy, but I would take this offer. There are about 30 meaningful games from fantasy basketball point of view. At the moment Markkanen is playing, LBJ is not.  How many more games LBJ will miss with his current injury is unknown.  And with the Lakers upcoming schedule they could be out of playoff race by mid March.   Just in time for fantasy playoffs to shut down LBJ

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

Disclaimer first:  I do not own LBJ

 

Call me crazy, but I would take this offer. There are about 30 meaningful games from fantasy basketball point of view. At the moment Markkanen is playing, LBJ is not.  How many more games LBJ will miss with his current injury is unknown.  And with the Lakers upcoming schedule they could be out of playoff race by mid March.   Just in time for fantasy playoffs to shut down LBJ

 

I really don’t see a LBJ shutdown... if I was the Lakers brass, I’d make sure we made the playoffs for these reasons:

 

1. Free agents want to be on contenders not pretenderss

2. What’s the best way to grow young guys? Playoff basketball so that next year when they get LBJ + superstar, they’ll have playoff experience

3. The fan base would crucify not only LBJ but the entire team if they don’t make the playoffs 

4. It keeps LBJ happy because we all know he’d get destroyed by all the Kobe and MJ fan boys if he can’t get this lakers squad to the playoffs...

5. My personal favourite, the NBA won’t allow that to happen

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Disclaimer first:  I do not own LBJ

 

Call me crazy, but I would take this offer. There are about 30 meaningful games from fantasy basketball point of view. At the moment Markkanen is playing, LBJ is not.  How many more games LBJ will miss with his current injury is unknown.  And with the Lakers upcoming schedule they could be out of playoff race by mid March.   Just in time for fantasy playoffs to shut down LBJ

 

If you're worried about Lebron being shut down you could do A LOT better than Markkanen. No way in hell I would take Markkanen for Lebron.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

 

I really don’t see a LBJ shutdown... if I was the Lakers brass, I’d make sure we made the playoffs for these reasons:

 

1. Free agents want to be on contenders not pretenderss

2. What’s the best way to grow young guys? Playoff basketball so that next year when they get LBJ + superstar, they’ll have playoff experience

3. The fan base would crucify not only LBJ but the entire team if they don’t make the playoffs 

4. It keeps LBJ happy because we all know he’d get destroyed by all the Kobe and MJ fan boys if he can’t get this lakers squad to the playoffs...

5. My personal favourite, the NBA won’t allow that to happen

I can actually agree to 2 and 5.   For no #1, I honestly do not see top tier free agent who will join Lakers next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think LeBron cares to bust his butt to come back.

 

Why? So he can drag the Lakers to a 7th or 8th and get eliminated in the first round of the playoffs?

 

Best to take one's time and come back when you're fully healthy with the Lakers out of it--that way your absence can be the reason the Lakers missed the playoffs and you'll be free of blame.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

The Lakers need Bradley Beal.. that would be the perfect addition.

The only way for the Lakers to get Beal would be in trade, which would have the double effect of destroying their upcoming summer cap flexibility while simultaneously adding a player who would not make a meaningful impact. Why would they give up assets just to ruin Magic's two-summer plan?

 

People have been trying to trade Beal to the Lakers for months for this reason. It isn't working.

 

Stephen A. Smith tried to trade Beal to the Lakers too. Didn't work for him either.

 

 

The only player under guaranteed contract for the Lakers is LeBron James, they have multiple young trade assets, all the cap space in the world, and in a few months there will be more free agents (200+) available than any summer in NBA history.

 

They're going to throw all of that away for Bradley Beal? :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

The only way for the Lakers to get Beal would be in trade, which would have the double effect of destroying their upcoming summer cap flexibility while simultaneously adding a player who would not make a meaningful impact. Why would they give up assets just to ruin Magic's two-summer plan?

 

People have been trying to trade Beal to the Lakers for months for this reason. It isn't working.

 

Stephen A. Smith tried to trade Beal to the Lakers too. Didn't work for him either.

 

 

The only player under guaranteed contract for the Lakers is LeBron James, they have multiple young trade assets, all the cap space in the world, and in a few months there will be more free agents (200+) available than any summer in NBA history.

 

They're going to throw all of that away for Bradley Beal? :lol:

You making it seems like Beal is not coveted? :lol:

 

Without Wall, Beal is Harden like.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

The only way for the Lakers to get Beal would be in trade, which would have the double effect of destroying their upcoming summer cap flexibility while simultaneously adding a player who would not make a meaningful impact. Why would they give up assets just to ruin Magic's two-summer plan?

 

People have been trying to trade Beal to the Lakers for months for this reason. It isn't working.

 

Stephen A. Smith tried to trade Beal to the Lakers too. Didn't work for him either.

 

 

The only player under guaranteed contract for the Lakers is LeBron James, they have multiple young trade assets, all the cap space in the world, and in a few months there will be more free agents (200+) available than any summer in NBA history.

 

They're going to throw all of that away for Bradley Beal? :lol:

I don’t think I said throw it all away for Beal.

 

If LA gets another player, like AD, Beal is a perfect 3rd option for the Lakers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...