LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are we holding? 

Death lineup as in death of their playoff hopes?

Lebron being the GOAT is a fantasy.

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Lebron just lost his legendary iron man status. 

A rest day against the Warriors? 

Yeah, that makes it even worse (being against the Warriors).  I could understand if it was a back to back, but like I said a little bit ago, he had a day off yesterday.

48 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

Any LeBron owners selling before the fantasy playoffs? I'm referring to keeper/dynasty leagues mostly.

I think he has very little keeper value and if you can trade him for any first round player under 30 you should be grateful you parlayed his name recognition into value.  Hell, if you can get a 2 or 3rd rounder you should do it.  Or if you need to throw in a midround player plus Lebron to get a 1st or 2nd round player under 30 I would also do that.

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

I think he has very little keeper value and if you can trade him for any first round player under 30 you should be grateful you parlayed his name recognition into value.  Hell, if you can get a 2 or 3rd rounder you should do it.  Or if you need to throw in a midround player plus Lebron to get a 1st or 2nd round player under 30 I would also do that.

Just traded him straight up for Kawhi

• Haha 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-lebron-james-weighs-in-on-the-eastern-conference-arms-race-they-aint-gotta-go-through-me/

His ego is bigger than Earth.  I like him on the court, he is a great player. Off the court, not so much.

Maybe missing playoffs this year will bring some perspective...

Edited by Gile Pile
5 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-lebron-james-weighs-in-on-the-eastern-conference-arms-race-they-aint-gotta-go-through-me/

His ego is bigger than Earth.  I like him on the court, he is a great player. Off the court, not so much.

I like him more off the court than on the court due to his political activism, charity, etc.

As a Kobe fan, he was my nemesis lol.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Yeah his charity work, fatherhood and being a perfect role model whilst under the biggest spotlight ever off the court is just so annoying. What he's saying is pure truth. MJs ego is bigger so much so that the NBA buried the 1995 eastern conference finals he lost against shaq and penny. 

• Like 2

While I agree that he has a big ego, he can be whiny with officials and can be irritating, I don't agree with criticisms of his intelligence, his desire to win or his ranking as one of the historic greats in the NBA.  We just see and hear more in today's social media age.  There were plenty of prima donnas in prior generations.  Similar to Kobe, who was also criticized, we should just enjoy watching him play.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

While I agree that he has a big ego, he can be whiny with officials and can be irritating, I don't agree with criticisms of his intelligence, his desire to win or his ranking as one of the historic greats in the NBA.  We just see and hear more in today's social media age.  There were plenty of prima donnas in prior generations.  Similar to Kobe, who was also criticized, we should just enjoy watching him play.  

We can't just sit back and enjoy anything.  We have to criticize everybody and everything, but this is all another story.  I'm just happy he's back.

Any concerns about him sitting on back to backs?  The Lakers have 3 back to backs in March during......FANTASY PLAYOFFS!  Trying to decide whether to trade for him or not before the fantasy trade deadline.

Edited by Ajax
On 2/8/2019 at 6:04 PM, LivingOnTheEdge said:

Jordan was a a-hole but he is beloved

As was Kobe. The difference is, they still let the game do the talking for them. Jordan and Kobe were so confident in their abilities and will to win that they simply didn't give a s--- about anyone or anything else. For a basketball fan, it's actually an appealing quality. Maybe not in a real world sense but it's great in basketball and fans enjoy it.

Lebron is different. He constantly has to talk about his greatness. Lebron isn't really an a-hole. It's been said a million times I rather be friends with Lebron but i rather play with Kobe or Jordan. I wouldn't hang out with either of them off the court but on the court? They got the best out of their teammates with their intensity to a level Lebron can only dream of reaching. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

As was Kobe. The difference is, they still let the game do the talking for them. Jordan and Kobe were so confident in their abilities and will to win that they simply didn't give a s--- about anyone or anything else. For a basketball fan, it's actually an appealing quality. Maybe not in a real world sense but it's great in basketball and fans enjoy it.

Lebron is different. He constantly has to talk about his greatness. Lebron isn't really an a-hole. It's been said a million times I rather be friends with Lebron but i rather play with Kobe or Jordan. I wouldn't hang out with either of them off the court but on the court? They got the best out of their teammates with their intensity to a level Lebron can only dream of reaching. 

Where is your source of players saying they would rather play with kobe and mj rather than lebron? Lebron makes teammates better and has average more assist than MJ or Kobe. Tell me again how players would rather play with a ball hog like Kobe and how he got the best of them?

17 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Where is your source of players saying they would rather play with kobe and mj rather than lebron? Lebron makes teammates better and has average more assist than MJ or Kobe. Tell me again how players would rather play with a ball hog like Kobe and how he got the best of them?

Too bad there is more to assists than just the numbers. 

Perhaps you should read up on how the Triangle doesn't amount to a lot of assists? 

Also how old are you as you are still calling kobe a ball hog. Keep hating. 

11 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Number of assists is not the only measure if  player makes teammates better. If that is true, than Rondo, Wall, Jason Kidd  and many others are (were) better than LeBron in making teammates better.  

If social media was present during MJ or Kobe career it might have been different, but I don't remember either of them talking about how great they are.

Btw, last game Kobe played was an awesome talk about how great he is. The game did all the talking :)

• Like 1