NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

Just now, Gile Pile said:

Number of assists is not the only measure if  player makes teammates better. If that is true, than Rondo, Wall, Jason Kidd  and many others are (were) better than LeBron in making teammates better.  

If social media was present during MJ or Kobe career it might have been different, but I don't remember either of them talking about how great they are.

Btw, last game Kobe played was an awesome talk about how great he is. The game did all the talking :)

Please refer back to how terrible the cavs were when he first left, how terrible the heat was and still are when he left, how terrible the cavs are now that he left, and how the lakers went from 4th seed to out of the playoffs when he got injured. As well as how kobe kept getting bounced in the 1st round when he had mediocre teammates. Lebron has always done the most with mediocre teammates that kobe or mj cant do

Theres nothing wrong with talking about how great someone is. you can talk about how you don't like that fact but please don't ever say that kobe and mj get the most out of their teammates lol

oh yeah the game he took 50 shots? yeah awesome lol

• Like 1
  • Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are we holding? 

Death lineup as in death of their playoff hopes?

Lebron being the GOAT is a fantasy.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Please refer back to how terrible the cavs were when he first left, how terrible the heat was and still are when he left, how terrible the cavs are now that he left, and how the lakers went from 4th seed to out of the playoffs when he got injured. As well as how kobe kept getting bounced in the 1st round when he had mediocre teammates. Lebron has always done the most with mediocre teammates that kobe or mj cant do

Theres nothing wrong with talking about how great someone is. you can talk about how you don't like that fact but please don't ever say that kobe and mj get the most out of their teammates lol

Without using Google, can you name  any players from Bulls championship rosters not named Jordan, Pippen or Rodman?

Or from Lakers, other than Kobe, Gasol, Shaq?

The fact that teams are terrible after LeBron leaves speaks volumes about LeBron the GM.

It was a different era, for sure, but Eastern conference during LeBron years was nothing compared to MJs years. 

Let' s see how LBJ does this year with mediocre teammates in the West.  He can always ask Kobe for advice.

Btw, FGA are not that different between Kobe and LBJ

24 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Smush Parker, Kwame, Odom, Bynum, Fisher Shaq, Horry, Fox, Gasol, etc had some of their best, if not best years with kobe. 

52 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Where is your source of players saying they would rather play with kobe and mj rather than lebron? Lebron makes teammates better and has average more assist than MJ or Kobe. Tell me again how players would rather play with a ball hog like Kobe and how he got the best of them?

I see a lot of superstars NOT wanting to play with him. Or did the lakers sign kahwi and I missed it, or butler. Duranr seems eager to sign on with him maybe? 

I mean sure, mid level players that he gets mega contracts for (TT/jr) love him, didn't seem like Bosh did towards the end. 

Plus LaVar hates him, and that dude knows everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

I suppose ignoring the fact that Love has been injured and the Cavs are clearly tanking or that the Heat basically fell apart after Lebron left is conveniant. Bosh missed half the year and was never healthy, Wade was 33, Allen left, and etc.

I don’t have a problem with Lebron but his fans have a tendency to REALLY pick and choose. Also Kobe made teammates better more so than Lebron. I know, it seems crazy because the media has shoved down everyone’s throat of how Lebron is the best team player in the history of sports and Kobe is a ball hog but look at teammates stats with and without them. It’s not even close.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

As was Kobe. The difference is, they still let the game do the talking for them. Jordan and Kobe were so confident in their abilities and will to win that they simply didn't give a s--- about anyone or anything else. For a basketball fan, it's actually an appealing quality. Maybe not in a real world sense but it's great in basketball and fans enjoy it.

Lebron is different. He constantly has to talk about his greatness. Lebron isn't really an a-hole. It's been said a million times I rather be friends with Lebron but i rather play with Kobe or Jordan. I wouldn't hang out with either of them off the court but on the court? They got the best out of their teammates with their intensity to a level Lebron can only dream of reaching. 

You make great points but LeBron also has had many games that did the talking for him which is why in my opinion he can talk all he wants off the court.  He's a little better than Kobe but you're right about the mindset difference between the two.  If only LeBron had that insane killer mentality we wouldn't even bother comparing the two players because it wouldn't be close.

3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Without using Google, can you name  any players from Bulls championship rosters not named Jordan, Pippen or Rodman?

Or from Lakers, other than Kobe, Gasol, Shaq?

The fact that teams are terrible after LeBron leaves speaks volumes about LeBron the GM.

It was a different era, for sure, but Eastern conference during LeBron years was nothing compared to MJs years. 

Let' s see how LBJ does this year with mediocre teammates in the West.  He can always ask Kobe for advice.

Btw, FGA are not that different between Kobe and LBJ

If he was the GM then Kyrie would have never been traded. The fact that you used that argument just shows me that you listen to the media narrative too much,next.

3 hours ago, itslarry said:

I see a lot of superstars NOT wanting to play with him. Or did the lakers sign kahwi and I missed it, or butler. Duranr seems eager to sign on with him maybe? 

I mean sure, mid level players that he gets mega contracts for (TT/jr) love him, didn't seem like Bosh did towards the end. 

Plus LaVar hates him, and that dude knows everything.

who said anything about superstars? I said players want to play with him and you just validated my point on your second point, next

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

I suppose ignoring the fact that Love has been injured and the Cavs are clearly tanking or that the Heat basically fell apart after Lebron left is conveniant. Bosh missed half the year and was never healthy, Wade was 33, Allen left, and etc.

I don’t have a problem with Lebron but his fans have a tendency to REALLY pick and choose. Also Kobe made teammates better more so than Lebron. I know, it seems crazy because the media has shoved down everyone’s throat of how Lebron is the best team player in the history of sports and Kobe is a ball hog but look at teammates stats with and without them. It’s not even close.

You mean the same Kevin Love who took Minnesota to all those playoff runs? oh wait he never took them to the playoffs in his 6=7 years there. Or you mean that same heat team Lebron took to the championship even though bosh was out of the playoffs and Dwade was always in and out of the lineup? etc ??

Kobe absolutely made zero teammates better lmaoo I can't even argue with that because it's literally laughable to think kobe made anyone better. he was a great individual player, thats it

13 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

If he was the GM then Kyrie would have never been traded. The fact that you used that argument just shows me that you listen to the media narrative too much,next.

who said anything about superstars? I said players want to play with him and you just validated my point on your second point, next

You mean the same Kevin Love who took Minnesota to all those playoff runs? oh wait he never took them to the playoffs in his 6=7 years there. Or you mean that same heat team Lebron took to the championship even though bosh was out of the playoffs and Dwade was always in and out of the lineup? etc ??

Kobe absolutely made zero teammates better lmaoo I can't even argue with that because it's literally laughable to think kobe made anyone better. he was a great individual player, thats it

I just gave you concrete examples of players kobe made better yet this guy continues to ignore facts.

Hilarious.

It’s always been unfair to compare Lebron to Michael. Kobe was a better comparison because they mirrored that assasin mentality. 

Lebron clearly makes his teammates better, more than a Kobe or Michael could (not because they lacked the potential, but because that was never asked of them). Kobe and Michael, as mentioned, were dominant individuals. Without pippen, without Rodman, without Shaq, without the right requisite pieces, neither Kobe or MJ could have done what they did. 

To demonstrate this quality in Lebron, take a look at the year he took Golden State Warriors to 6 games with Delledova as his second best player.

• Like 1

LeBron, Kobe, Jordan all made their teammates better.  In my opinion,  order is Jordan, Kobe, LeBron.

Maybe I am influenced by the Lakers-Hawks game that Lakers lost. Except   LeBron,  other Lakers players (except maybe Kuzma) had terrible body language. It seems to me that they quit on the team (in this case LeBron is the team).

When Lakers miss playoffs this season, this game will come back to haunt them.

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

LeBron, Kobe, Jordan all made their teammates better.  In my opinion,  order is Jordan, Kobe, LeBron.

Maybe I am influenced by the Lakers-Hawks game that Lakers lost. Except   LeBron,  other Lakers players (except maybe Kuzma) had terrible body language. It seems to me that they quit on the team (in this case LeBron is the team).

When Lakers miss playoffs this season, this game will come back to haunt them.

This is not the team to judge Lebron off of. The Lakers are to blame for their lack of an ability to bring together talent, until recently. Next year is really the moment of truth for a Lebron led lakers. This year, their only expectations are to try to make it to the playoffs and provide enough action to make it an appealing destination for suitors. 

• Like 1

Luke Walton has to gooooooo

lonzo will play better , Luke doesn’t trust him! Won’t give him the keys ! He’s keeping the lambo in the garage.

plus this game had Tim donahahue (w’e his name is)all over it. Vegas books poppin rn

Luke has no idea wtf he is doing honestly...

hawks literally subbed their starters w 3:45 left in the game. Meaning they were trying to lose , Bullock missing that layup also was weird. Maybe the locker room is really blown up. 

OH BTW ROTOWORLD, your new layout sucks 

y’all acting like I’m a 79 year old one eyed pilgrim. Cmon

4 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

This thread needs to die honestly.

In a way, can't disagree.  He had a fantastic game (outside of his FG%), but you wouldn't know it if you just came in here without looking at anything else.

Pardon the digression from all of the aforementioned, endless comparisons to Kobe and MJ and what have you, but how are you all liking Lebron's ROS outlook considering where the Lakers stand, and considering Lebron's recent injury woes?  Has he entered beast mode ROS, regardless of the recent developments?

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Nica4two said:

Pardon the digression from all of the aforementioned, endless comparisons to Kobe and MJ and what have you, but how are you all liking Lebron's ROS outlook considering where the Lakers stand, and considering Lebron's recent injury woes?  Has he entered beast mode ROS, regardless of the recent developments?

He’s techinally outside of first round value due to inefficiency from the line and TO.  I’m concerned about the Lakers missing the playoffs but it also could work to your advantage.  If they really want the 8th seed he could put the team on his back and play every game ROS.  I’d say there’s reason for concern but not panic. 

He can't.  But good to know that he is, quote: “So, I’m huge on chemistry and camaraderie … but the injuries have felt like it’s taken a toll on our team. So hopefully we can get Zo back soon to kind of help that out. And hopefully we can start playing a little bit better too.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-report-20190224-story.html