LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are we holding? 

Death lineup as in death of their playoff hopes?

Lebron being the GOAT is a fantasy.

Posted Images

Great game aside from

Bron on the stat sheet just a real shameful performance again. I just don’t get why I looks like he’s playing with no urgency when he said “playoff Bron activated”.  The GOT shameful giph would really be appropriate right now. 

26 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The supporting cast is always crap, essentially, because LeBron demoralizes them either with his comments or by "doing everything".

Dwade and Bosh were very nice alongside lebron, as was kyrie and klove (when healthy)

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

As  a big LBJ fan, after  Lakers don't make play offs this year debate about who is the GOAT should be much easier.

LBJ is out of discussion.

Just my opinion :)

Curious...

people are so quick to say "_____ will take him out the discussion" but then no matter what he does, nobody will ever say "_____ will end the discussion" or anything of the sort

Seems like no matter what he does people want any reason to argue MJ is better

not making the playoffs with this young laker squad in a tough Western Conference takes him out of the discussion but making 8 straight finals, taking some of those scrub teams to the finals, coming back vs GS etc etc mean nothing? something as small as not making the finals for the first time in 8 years is the last straw for you?

just doesnt make sense to me, diehard Lebron haters and Fans no matter the side your on, are both crazy/irrational far too often haha

40 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Curious...

people are so quick to say "_____ will take him out the discussion" but then no matter what he does, nobody will ever say "_____ will end the discussion" or anything of the sort

not making the playoffs with this young laker squad in a tough Western Conference takes him out of the discussion but making 8 straight finals, taking some of those scrub teams to the finals, coming back vs GS etc etc mean nothing? something as small as not making the finals for the first time in 8 years is the last straw for you?

just doesnt make sense to me, diehard Lebron haters and Fans no matter the side your on, are both crazy/irrational far too often haha

GOAT discussion has long sailed passed when he lost to the Mavs after teaming up with his BFFs (which is also a blemish), when he quit against Boston, etc.  His resume is also inflated due to the pathetic east.  He is not much different from last year in terms of capabilities but we can see clearly just how well he is doing in the tougher West.  Also most I know predicted the Lakers to clinch a playoff spot prior to the start of this season.

Edited by HotSauce24
20 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

GOAT discussion has long sailed passed when he lost to the Mavs after teaming up with his BFFs (which is also a blemish), when he quit against Boston, etc.  His resume is also inflated due to the pathetic east.  He is not much different from last year in terms of capabilities but we can see clearly just how well he is doing in the tougher West.  Also most I know predicted the Lakers to clinch a playoff spot prior to the start of this season.

Oh for sure, both sides have valid points to where IMO its MJ/LBJ at the top, its really personal opinion who is the GOAT and what points/facts hold more merit to the individual in the discussion itself

but to circle back i just dont see how this season is doing anything to his legacy haha this wasnt a meaningful year for him or the lakers no matter how you slice it, the plan was to merely make playoffs and wait for the big names, obv missing is a failure but only seems like a big deal because its lebron, the lakers, magic, Ad drama etc etc they arent, and many teams, wont even sniff the warriors anyway so its all moot until next year with these FA's

but i can still see the lakers making it, time shall tell!

Edited by kmoore1521
3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

As  a big LBJ fan, after  Lakers don't make play offs this year debate about who is the GOAT should be much easier.

I like that. That’s a good opinion to have. 

In all due respect, there still 3 games out of the last seed. It will be tough, but I don’t see them grabbing it. Defense has been trash, supporting cast has been trash and the team morale has been killed. I’d be surprised if they miss the playoffs if Walton is still the coach.

4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

He never was in the discussion. Not one of the retired goats thinks so either. 

3 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Curious...

It's only the stat guys that have the problem of differentiating between the MJ and LeBron. It's as simple as the eye test who was better. And it's MJ easily. MJ would destroy LeBron one on one  and I like LeBron but move everything aside rings, playoffs, stats, championships LeBron still could never beat Jordan one on one. 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

It's only the stat guys that have the problem of differentiating between the MJ and LeBron. It's as simple as the eye test who was better. And it's MJ easily. MJ would destroy LeBron one on one  and I like LeBron but move everything aside rings, playoffs, stats, championships LeBron still could never beat Jordan one on one. 

my question is if were basing upon the argument of who would win 1 on 1, why does that necessarily make him an overall better basketball player? 1 on 1 basketball is so much more different than 5 on 5, so to base upon who would win 1 on 1 is a decent argument but im probably just being picky here 😂

But at the same time, is there any real proof MJ would beat lebron 1on 1? Lebron is a faster stronger bigger player? Of course i have to include the bias that i've never seen MJ other than highlight videos so I cant say. But one of my argument is could MJ carried the teams Lebron has to the finals and won? Other than the Dallas finals 😂

No offense towards LeBron / Lakers because the NBA is always better when the Lakers are in the playoffs and it's LeBron.

But I really want to see that Sacramento Kings team as the 8th seed. They've been the most exciting team this year and they proven they can outspeed and tire-out the Warriors. 

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

No offense towards LeBron / Lakers because the NBA is always better when the Lakers are in the playoffs and it's LeBron.

But I really want to see that Sacramento Kings team as the 8th seed. They've been the most exciting team this year and they proven they can outspeed and tire-out the Warriors. 

they got swept by the warriors though. Lakers beat them this year and in past years even without LeBron. Kuzma and Ingram are not afraid of the Warriors. I still think the warriors would be a little scared of the Lakers and would not take Sac too seriously.

32 minutes ago, heyitsmattdelly said:

my question is if were basing upon the argument of who would win 1 on 1, why does that necessarily make him an overall better basketball player? 1 on 1 basketball is so much more different than 5 on 5, so to base upon who would win 1 on 1 is a decent argument but im probably just being picky here 😂

But at the same time, is there any real proof MJ would beat lebron 1on 1? Lebron is a faster stronger bigger player? Of course i have to include the bias that i've never seen MJ other than highlight videos so I cant say. But one of my argument is could MJ carried the teams Lebron has to the finals and won? Other than the Dallas finals 😂

I am old enough to  watch MJ destroying opponents in the finals, in a game that was much more physical.  And yes, MJ can easily carry any Lebron team that won finals. And probably win few more (Heat loses against Dallas and San Antonio). MJ was just refusing to  lose

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I am old enough to  watch MJ destroying opponents in the finals, in a game that was much more physical.  And yes, MJ can easily carry any Lebron team that won finals. And probably win few more (Heat loses against Dallas and San Antonio). MJ was just refusing to  lose

Mj never did anything until he had pippen and possibly the greatest coach ever in Phil Jackson so the notion that MJ can easily carry any LeBron team to the finals is blasphemy. We all know MJ is great and possibly the greatest 1 one 1 player ever but LBJ does more with less and that's been proven time after time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

You catch the 1995 eastern conference finals? He personally choked and lost them the series, without Rodman they never stood a chance against Shaq & Penny. And don't give me he was rusty crap, he dropped two 50 point games prior to this series, if you're on the court you ain't "rusty".

It's funny how people forget this game. "6 consecutive titles", yeah right!

He was crushed and eliminated in the early rounds every time until Pippen. Who'd he beat? The bad boy Pistons we're done, he beat an old Magic with aids and no Kareem. The insurmountable Clyde Drexler. Barkley and who, Kevin Johnson? Seattle Kemp & Payton flash in the pan didn't do a thing after their finals appearance. Jazz 35 year old Karl & Stockton okay. His finals opponents were a cake walk. 

LBJ faced 3 or 4 hall of famers in finals, some of the greatest teams of all time. He's bigger, stronger, faster. GOAT. No way MJ drags that 2007 Cavs squad to the NBA Finals at 22 years of age. 

Edited by Auction>Snake
52 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:
t's funny how people forget this game. "6 consecutive titles", yeah right!

Remember when LeBron quit against Boston?  Or lost against "stacked" Dallas team?  Or Spurs led by 37 year old Duncan with bad knees?

I can go on and on.  It is my opinion that MJ is the GOAT.   That is all

5 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Remember when LeBron quit against Boston?  Or lost against "stacked" Dallas team?  Or Spurs led by 37 year old Duncan with bad knees?

I can go on and on.  It is my opinion that MJ is the GOAT.   That is all

MJ didn't have to quit he had the GOAT coach, Pippen, Rodman and a rock solid Chicago Bulls franchise. LBJ faced more hall of famers, and far superior teams overall.

1 hour ago, Auction>Snake said:

You catch the 1995 eastern conference finals? He personally choked and lost them the series, without Rodman they never stood a chance against Shaq & Penny. And don't give me he was rusty crap, he dropped two 50 point games prior to this series, if you're on the court you ain't "rusty".

It's funny how people forget this game. "6 consecutive titles", yeah right!

He was crushed and eliminated in the early rounds every time until Pippen. Who'd he beat? The bad boy Pistons we're done, he beat an old Magic with aids and no Kareem. The insurmountable Clyde Drexler. Barkley and who, Kevin Johnson? Seattle Kemp & Payton flash in the pan didn't do a thing after their finals appearance. Jazz 35 year old Karl & Stockton okay. His finals opponents were a cake walk. 

LBJ faced 3 or 4 hall of famers in finals, some of the greatest teams of all time. He's bigger, stronger, faster. GOAT. No way MJ drags that 2007 Cavs squad to the NBA Finals at 22 years of age. 

The who’d Jordan face argument is laughable considering Lebron played in the weakest conference in the history of the game and walked into the finals while the west beat each other up.

Lebron can’t even make the playoffs in the west. Laughable. Not even a debate. If Lebron retires right now he isn’t top 3 and maybe not even top 5. Not close to MJ.

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The who’d Jordan face argument is laughable considering Lebron played in the weakest conference in the history of the game and walked into the finals while the west beat each other up.

Lebron can’t even make the playoffs in the west. Laughable. Not even a debate. If Lebron retires right now he isn’t top 3 and maybe not even top 5. Not close to MJ.

Lakers were 4th seed before he got injured. Also The fact that you hate Lebron so much that you’re saying he isn’t even a top 3 is laughable. You’re out of your mind lol

• Like 1