NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

MJ would win Lebron’s teams. Okay if you think Mike Brown and Eric spoelstra are good coaches; and you think Mario Chalmers & Mike Miller are equivalent to Kerr & Kukoc or Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden is equal to Scottie Pippen & Horace Grant/Rodman.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are we holding? 

Death lineup as in death of their playoff hopes?

Lebron being the GOAT is a fantasy.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Lakers were 4th seed before he got injured. Also The fact that you hate Lebron so much that you’re saying he isn’t even a top 3 is laughable. You’re out of your mind lol

They were also 2 games out of 10th seed with a pretty bad point differential relative to teams around them. 

Not thinking Lebron is top 3 is hating now huh? This is the problem with people that will ride or die with Lebron regardless of what he does. Everything that even remotely doesn't support him is considered hate. That's what happens when a guy doesn't face an ounce of media scrutiny. I don't hate Lebron. He is one of the best players ever. However, he doesn't just get to pass guys like Wilt, KAJ, Magic, Bird, and etc and go straight to Jordan. One of the biggest myths in the history of the game is that Lebron makes teammates better. You can think as you please but I won't have Lebron in my top 3 unless he does something in the west.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I don’t understand why people still argue this MJ vs Lebron debate. Honestly, if you’re a basketball fan nobody cares. Talk about this some other time, one is still playing and the other is a horrible GM/Chairman for a professional basketball team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

They were also 2 games out of 10th seed with a pretty bad point differential relative to teams around them. 

Not thinking Lebron is top 3 is hating now huh? This is the problem with people that will ride or die with Lebron regardless of what he does. Everything that even remotely doesn't support him is considered hate. That's what happens when a guy doesn't face an ounce of media scrutiny. I don't hate Lebron. He is one of the best players ever. However, he doesn't just get to pass guys like Wilt, KAJ, Magic, Bird, and etc and go straight to Jordan. One of the biggest myths in the history of the game is that Lebron makes teammates better. You can think as you please but I won't have Lebron in my top 3 unless he does something in the west.

Bill Simmons has him #2, I trust his opinion over your delusions any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:

Bill Simmons has him #2, I trust his opinion over your delusions any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

What about guys like Shaq, McGrady, Pippen, Jordan, Miller, Grant, Fisher, Jackson, Bird, Rodman, Barkley, and etc who all pick even Kobe over Lebron?

Oh wait...That doesn't fit your agenda. It's easier to pick someone from the media instead of guys that actually play the game who overwhelmingly pick Kobe over Lebron. Remember, almost no one considers Kobe even in the top 5 conversation for some reason. 

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

What about guys like Shaq, McGrady, Pippen, Jordan, Miller, Grant, Fisher, Jackson, Bird, Rodman, Barkley, and etc who all pick even Kobe over Lebron?

Oh wait...That doesn't fit your agenda. It's easier to pick someone from the media instead of guys that actually play the game who overwhelmingly pick Kobe over Lebron. Remember, almost no one considers Kobe even in the top 5 conversation for some reason. 

They idolize Jordan/Kobe, they are their guys from their eras to say anything otherwise would be seen as a personal diss..talk about agenda lol Simmons is objective as it gets he wrote the book of basketball ffs. 

2 minutes ago, Pyschout said:

Can we stick to fantasy?

What else you gonna talk about here though ya know?

Lebron is a stud in fantasy, will he get shut down (highly unlikely) might be the only discussion for this year, otherwise your just talking about who joins him

not sure what you expect to read in this thread that everyone doesn't already know, its Lebron, any news on him is plastered on ESPN and social media instantly 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

What else you gonna talk about here though ya know?

Lebron is a stud in fantasy, will he get shut down (highly unlikely) might be the only discussion for this year, otherwise your just talking about who joins him

not sure what you expect to read in this thread that everyone doesn't already know, its Lebron, any news on him is plastered on ESPN and social media instantly 

Then don't post in it?  This isn't reddit, this isn't RealGM.  Post fantasy relevant s--- or don't post?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Pyschout said:

Then don't post in it?  This isn't reddit, this isn't RealGM.  Post fantasy relevant s--- or don't post?

There isnt any fantasy relevant things to post so i counter your "dont post" with maybe dont read the thread then? lol if people were taking away from a legit discussion sure no place for random discussion in that case, but again, its lebron, what fantasy info are you really expecting at this point? no need for debbie downers when the thread would be dormant anyway just keep scrolling dawg

but you posting that and me even responding is even worse for your point anyway in posting fantasy relevant stuff so feel free to have last word ill leave it be at this point

• Haha 1
  • Root Admin
8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

You know who wouldn’t miss back to back clutch free throws?

Kobe

I thought you were going to write..... Steve Nash.  Kobe would have scored 50 and they still would have lost. 

9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I thought you were going to write..... Steve Nash.  Kobe would have scored 50 and they still would have lost. 

Lakers were 20-8 when Kobe scored 50+. Keep in mind, most of those were with a team FAR worse than the one they have now. Nice try though.

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 2
On 2/26/2019 at 9:47 PM, Auction>Snake said:

MJ didn't have to quit he had the GOAT coach, Pippen, Rodman and a rock solid Chicago Bulls franchise. LBJ faced more hall of famers, and far superior teams overall.

MJ had a 3-peat while Rodman was still in Detroit.

Phil Jackson won his first title with MJ...he wasn't on anyone's GOAT coach list.

LBJ being GOAT is joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

MJ had a 3-peat while Rodman was still in Detroit.

Phil Jackson won his first title with MJ...he wasn't on anyone's GOAT coach list.

LBJ being GOAT is joke.

1st 3 peat Lakers had Magic with aids and no Kareem. Drexler by himself. Then Barkley, and Kevin Johnson lol. He's the GOAT coach regardless. Bulls couldn't beat Shaq and Penny in the 1995 eastern conference finals and he wasn't rusty he dropped 2 50 point games prior to that series, they needed Rodman. 

Rodman's offensive rebounding won the following 1996 series, most long time Bulls fans agree.

Jordan not only shot terribly from the field, he was absolute s--- in the fourth quarters too (shot 33.3% in them, and only 15.4% in the fourth quarters of the three close games). In the two close wins of the series, Rodman averaged 11 offensive rebounds/game. He was setting records, and when MJ was shooting the team out of the game with bricks (rest of the team struggled shooting wise too), it was Rodman getting all those rebounds to give Bulls the extra possessions. Bulls as a team shot much lower than Sonics in that series...why do you think they still won? They got 34 more possessions from offensive rebounds (Rodman alone had 41!). MJ's scoring could have been replaced in that series, but Rodman's historic offensive rebounding? Not so much.

Rodman should have been the MVP of that Finals. The Bulls shot much worse from the field than the Sonics in the Finals but still won. How did that happen? Simple. The Bulls got more shot opportunities from offensive rebounds basically negating many of their misses. Rodman, by himself, secured and additional 41 possessions for the Bulls with his offensive rebounding including 2 games where he tied an NBA Finals record. That's like playing H-O-R-S-E and someone giving you multiple "do overs" after you've missed.

Part of me thinks the "tear down LeBron to make Kobe look good" people are pathetic.

Part of me thinks the "tear down Jordan to make LeBron look good" people are pathetic.

But all of me thinks the "People arguing about this s--- on www.rotoworld.com" are pathetic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Auction>Snake said:

1st 3 peat Lakers had Magic with aids and no Kareem. Drexler by himself. Then Barkley, and Kevin Johnson lol. He's the GOAT coach regardless. Bulls couldn't beat Shaq and Penny in the 1995 eastern conference finals and he wasn't rusty he dropped 2 50 point games prior to that series, they needed Rodman. 

Rodman's offensive rebounding won the following 1996 series, most long time Bulls fans agree.

Jordan not only shot terribly from the field, he was absolute s--- in the fourth quarters too (shot 33.3% in them, and only 15.4% in the fourth quarters of the three close games). In the two close wins of the series, Rodman averaged 11 offensive rebounds/game. He was setting records, and when MJ was shooting the team out of the game with bricks (rest of the team struggled shooting wise too), it was Rodman getting all those rebounds to give Bulls the extra possessions. Bulls as a team shot much lower than Sonics in that series...why do you think they still won? They got 34 more possessions from offensive rebounds (Rodman alone had 41!). MJ's scoring could have been replaced in that series, but Rodman's historic offensive rebounding? Not so much.

Rodman should have been the MVP of that Finals. The Bulls shot much worse from the field than the Sonics in the Finals but still won. How did that happen? Simple. The Bulls got more shot opportunities from offensive rebounds basically negating many of their misses. Rodman, by himself, secured and additional 41 possessions for the Bulls with his offensive rebounding including 2 games where he tied an NBA Finals record. That's like playing H-O-R-S-E and someone giving you multiple "do overs" after you've missed.

If not MJ, then  who is the GOAT in your opinion?

37 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

If not MJ, then  who is the GOAT in your opinion?

LeBron pass-first player with 30k points 10k assists will never be done again. Put MJ on that Cavs squad last season instead of LBJ and they don't make payoffs. Bigger, stronger, faster. Rings are a team achievement, not an individual accomplishment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3