NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

28 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:

LeBron pass-first player with 30k points 10k assists will never be done again. Put MJ on that Cavs squad last season instead of LBJ and they don't make payoffs. Bigger, stronger, faster. Rings are a team achievement, not an individual accomplishment. 

Thanks.    Who do you think will be LBJ opponent  in playoffs this year?  

• Haha 3
  • Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are we holding? 

Death lineup as in death of their playoff hopes?

Lebron being the GOAT is a fantasy.

Posted Images

I could care less about the pointless "Who's the GOAT?" discussion. My one and only concern as an LBJ owner is the very real threat that once the Lakers are mathematically eliminated that LBJ starts getting DNP's, or even worse...shutdown. Right as the H2H fantasy playoffs are about to start next week,

• Like 1

I just saw an article that quotes Bron saying: "That (a shutdown) would take a lot of convincing from Luke on up...unless i'm hurt, i' m not sitting games"

So I guess if Bron has control of the team which he probably does, he won't rest. Maybe this will change once they are mathematically eliminated though. 

1 hour ago, HotSauce24 said:

Lebron is a known stats padder and unless things have changed, I doubt he sits. 

He wants em records. 

MJ played until he was 40. Lebron has 6 years to get them records. He’ll be fine.

11 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

MJ played until he was 40. Lebron has 6 years to get them records. He’ll be fine.

Lebron likely wants the record of reaching them before a certain age. 

One and done rule will be lifted. Lebron would want to protect the records as much as possible imo. 

Edited by HotSauce24
8 hours ago, richg24 said:

I just saw an article that quotes Bron saying: "That (a shutdown) would take a lot of convincing from Luke on up...unless i'm hurt, i' m not sitting games"

What does that even mean lol?

They have to pitch tanking to him?

"Look. We suck and even if we somehow get in as the 8th we'll get swept..."

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Haha 1

Good thing he's obviously such a good across the board contributor since his FT shooting has gotten so bad that my team is in a mini-tailspin there.  I'll just live with it for the other stats, but damn.

I'm already dealing with this rest nonsense with giannis but at least they have a real reason to rest him to stay fresh for the playoffs. Wtf are the Lakers trying to accomplish, keeping him fresh for opening day 2019 6 months away? What a joke, f--- this guy

I don’t see the reason to rest him, unless it’s not for basketball reasons.  What is going on in LA right now does not make the Lakers a top FA destination this summer.

It may be a case to rest him, get the negativity about the Lakers out of the news, and try to focus on free agency.  

LeBron is going to get a couple extra months rest this summer anyways...

• Like 1

"The Lakers will reportedly keep LeBron James on a minute-limit the rest of the season, and may rest him in back-to-back sets.

LeBron's trainer reportedly talked to the Lakers' front office and settled on a minute-limit of 28-32 minutes. L.A. has three back-to-back sets remaining and LeBron's status for those will be determined based on how he feels. The trade deadline has passed in most fantasy leagues, so owners will have to navigate reduced production over L.A.'s final 17 games.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

Mar 7, 2019, 1:48 PM"

Maybe basketball is his 2nd job and Hollywood is his first?

I think you guys should understand that both the Lakers and LeBron cannot risk these useless games for an injury. Lakers are already looking to the next season. What would be the point for LeBron to play 30+ minutes going forward? In addition, hes not even being completely shutdown. Lakers are invested in LeBron and LeBron is invested in himself - why risk an injury for pointless games at this point of the season. LeBron is also not "young" anymore. Think bigger.

Also, I dropped McGee for D Powell, for whatever thats worth lol.

Edited by HBARZ93
  • Like 1