Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

Don’t understand some of the hate for Thielen. Owned him last year in one of my leagues and he was absolute money. He gets open at a high rate and has excellent hands. Kirk Cousins is going to love throwing to this guy. Wouldn’t be surprised if he finishes top 5 in ppr. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lost 3 really good offensive linemen. Lost a dual threat QB, who can also throw better than any of the QBs they brought in. Worst WR corps in the league.   DND.

Who are your biggest busts for the 2018 season?  Here are mine:   Lesean McCoy - bad QB, bad o-line, 30 years old, huge career workload Jordan Howard - less carries, more passing in Chi

Just now, ShowStopper said:

Don’t understand some of the hate for Thielen. Owned him last year in one of my leagues and he was absolute money. He gets open at a high rate and has excellent hands. Kirk Cousins is going to love throwing to this guy. Wouldn’t be surprised if he finishes top 5 in ppr. 

Hes bigger than people give him credit for too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Yet he was better with Osweiler than he was with Siemian, see decline.

 

Nobody said he misses games, but the fact that he doesn't miss games and still puts up mediocre stats isn't helping your case.

"Breaking down" keeps coming up over and over.  That sure feels a hell of a lot like people are complaining about injuries.  They don't exist for this guy.

 

And Siemian isn't exactly a great QB.  In fact, he's pretty horrible.  Easily one of the worst starters in the league last year.

 

Keenum has at least proved that he can play a bit.  DT might not return 1st round value for his 5th round ADP, but I still have him as a top 15 type WR.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

 

What are you even talking about? I specifically said that I probably won’t be drafting him. He just doesn’t qualify as a bust candidate at his current ADP

5th rounder = a fantasy pick that is supposed to start for your team.  Therefore of course he has bust potential.  This really isn't that difficult.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jmausen said:

 

The top QBRs have the top defenses.  This is not up for debate.

 

Keenum only needed to score greater than 15.8 PPG last year.  Wentz needed 18.4.  Brady, 18.5.

Of course their QBRs are high.  They don't have to take any risks!

As the defense gives up points, the passes get risky and the QBR drops.

 

Keenum is going from a #1 defense to a #22 defense.  MIN o-line wasn't that good.  Either is DEN.  Receivers are about the same, but older with less burst.  Shurmer was a good coordinator in MIN last year.  Kubiak isn't on the field calling the plays.  The only thing Bill Musgrave ever did right as an OC was let Peyton Manning audible his own record season.  Bill rode that to a HC job in SD, sucked, then ran back to Elway.  The End.

 

Keenum is a gamble,  I'd take Sanders and Thomas at their undervalued ADPs.  They need to produce to keep up with the other team.  Defense did get lucky with the draft.  They have NASTY pass rushing.

 

Jared Goff (outside top 15 last year) is leading the league in QBR this year.  Wade Philips is with the Rams, which is why DEN sucked last year, as I told everyone they would.  Now the Rams are stacked on EVERY defensive position.  They honestly don't "need " Aaron Donald this year to be a top 3 defense.

 

 

 

Points Per Game Leaders

RK TEAM YDS YDS/G PASS P YDS/G RUSH R YDS/G PTS PTS/G
1 Minnesota 4415 275.9 3078 192.4 1337 83.6 252 15.8
2 Jacksonville 4578 286.1 2718 169.9 1860 116.3 268 16.8
3 LA Chargers 5254 328.4 3156 197.3 2098 131.1 272 17.0
4 Philadelphia 4904 306.5 3637 227.3 1267 79.2 295 18.4
5 New England 5856 366.0 4020 251.3 1836 114.8 296 18.5
6 Baltimore 5201 325.1 3421 213.8 1780 111.3 303 18.9
7 Pittsburgh 4910 306.9 3217 201.1 1693 105.8 308 19.3
8 Atlanta 5094 318.4 3429 214.3 1665 104.1 315 19.7
9 Chicago 5106 319.1 3376 211.0 1730 108.1 320 20.0
10 New Orleans 5384 336.5 3597 224.8 1787 111.7 326 20.4
11 Carolina 5074 317.1 3665 229.1 1409 88.1 327 20.4
12 LA Rams 5434 339.6 3475 217.2 1959 122.4 329 20.6
13 Dallas 5089 318.1 3425 214.1 1664 104.0 332 20.8
  Seattle 5171 323.2 3347 209.2 1824 114.0 332 20.8
15 Kansas City 5842 365.1 3952 247.0 1890 118.1 339 21.2
16 Cincinnati 5425 339.1 3379 211.2 2046 127.9 349 21.8
17 Tennessee 5248 328.0 3828 239.3 1420 88.8 356 22.3
18 Buffalo 5682 355.1 3688 230.5 1994 124.6 359 22.4
19 Arizona 4975 310.9 3541 221.3 1434 89.6 361 22.6
20 Oakland 5601 350.1 3858 241.1 1743 108.9 373 23.3
21 Detroit 5692 355.8 3892 243.3 1800 112.5 376 23.5
22 Denver 4640 290.0 3210 200.6 1430 89.4 382 23.9
  NY Jets 5636 352.3 3749 234.3 1887 117.9 382 23.9
  Tampa Bay 6049 378.1 4169 260.6 1880 117.5 382 23.9
25 San Francisco 5625 351.6 3764 235.3 1861 116.3 383 23.9
26 Green Bay 5582 348.9 3789 236.8 1793 112.1 384 24.0
27 NY Giants 5971 373.2 4038 252.4 1933 120.8 388 24.3
  Washington 5566 347.9 3420 213.8 2146 134.1 388 24.3
29 Miami 5371 335.7 3603 225.2 1768 110.5 393 24.6
30 Indianapolis 5873 367.1 3946 246.6 1927 120.4 404 25.3
31 Cleveland 5250 328.1 3684 230.3 1566 97.9 410 25.6
32 Houston 5546 346.6 3799 237.4 1747 109.2 436 27.3

So you're saying Case Keenum isn't better than Tom Brady?  Damnit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Diggs has a fourth round adp, so not quite 5th, but close.  I could see Diggs being an early 2nd rounder next year pretty easily.

 

As for the WR drafted around where DT is, I would prefer Sammie Watkins and Michael Crabtree over Demaryius Thomas.  Those guys are younger and more explosive, from what I have seen.

 

 

Completely agree with you here, ive been targeting Diggs as my WR1 after going RB,RB in mocks so far. I think hes going to blow up even more . No hate on Thielen (hes a stud too), I jus think Diggs skillset caters to Kirk's strengths more. Hes also got the "contract year" narrative working for him.

 

And on the DT topic, Sanders is the way better value right now from mocks. he goes so late (ADP in the 100s on Yahoo).  why not wait later if your taking a shot on this offense. Last year was a train wreck for him with the ankle injury and bad qb play but ill take the discount s he had 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons before the last one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Don’t understand some of the hate for Thielen. Owned him last year in one of my leagues and he was absolute money. He gets open at a high rate and has excellent hands. Kirk Cousins is going to love throwing to this guy. Wouldn’t be surprised if he finishes top 5 in ppr. 

It’s in a matter of correlation with ADP. It was clear Keenum had a thing for him that may not translate with Cousins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Players going in round 4-6 on FFC that can be first round picks next season:

 

Penny

Michel

Robinson

Jones

Freeman

Cooper

 

 

 

If I drank coffee, I'm sure I would have spit it all over my screen by now.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, pascuccis1 said:

 

 

Completely agree with you here, ive been targeting Diggs as my WR1 after going RB,RB in mocks so far. I think hes going to blow up even more . No hate on Thielen (hes a stud too), I jus think Diggs skillset caters to Kirk's strengths more. Hes also got the "contract year" narrative working for him.

 

And on the DT topic, Sanders is the way better value right now from mocks. he goes so late (ADP in the 100s on Yahoo).  why not wait later if your taking a shot on this offense. Last year was a train wreck for him with the ankle injury and bad qb play but ill take the discount s he had 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons before the last one.

 

MIN's #1 Defense got better.

Cook is back from injury.  He has some decent backups.

New OC.

 

I'd run for the lead, let my defense keep the lead, then run the ball some more.

Don't do anything stupid to lose games.

 

Oh, and Cousins loves throwing to his TEs.  Rudolph.  The correct answer is Rudolph.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

5th rounder = a fantasy pick that is supposed to start for your team.  Therefore of course he has bust potential.  This really isn't that difficult.

 

And yet he still has top 15 potential, if you don’t wanna draft him then don’t. I like free value

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Diggs has a fourth round adp, so not quite 5th, but close.  I could see Diggs being an early 2nd rounder next year pretty easily.

 

As for the WR drafted around where DT is, I would prefer Sammie Watkins and Michael Crabtree over Demaryius Thomas.  Those guys are younger and more explosive, from what I have seen.

Crabtree is 3 months older than DT. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jmausen said:

 

MIN's #1 Defense got better.

Cook is back from injury.  He has some decent backups.

New OC.

 

I'd run for the lead, let my defense keep the lead, then run the ball some more.

Don't do anything stupid to lose games.

 

Oh, and Cousins loves throwing to his TEs.  Rudolph.  The correct answer is Rudolph.

 

If the Vikings wanted a game manager to just hand off and let their defense do the rest why would they guarantee Cousins $90million? They could have done that for way cheaper.

 

Yes they have a new OC John Defilipino the guy who helped Wentz big time . Hes got an offense full of studs. Hard to botch that up. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pascuccis1 said:

 

If the Vikings wanted a game manager to just hand off and let their defense do the rest why would they guarantee Cousins $90million? They could have done that for way cheaper.

 

Yes they have a new OC John Defilipino the guy who helped Wentz big time . Hes got an offense full of studs. Hard to botch that up. 

 

 

See: Zimmer, Mike

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

Crabtree is 3 months older than DT. 

Crabtree is much better in the red zone than Thomas.  So I prefer Crabtree despite the fact that they are essentially the same age.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Crabtree is much better in the red zone than Thomas.  So I prefer Crabtree despite the fact that they are essentially the same age.

He was better in the RZ while playing with a far superior QB like Carr. Care to venture a guess on who had more TDs when DT had an actual QB?

 

In the last 6 seasons, Crabs has 43 TDs to DT's 51. 

 

Oh, and Crabtree doesn't have Carr anymore. His situation has more potential for disappointment  than DT's. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

 

If I drank coffee, I'm sure I would have spit it all over my screen by now.

How about you provide an explanation instead of your typical arrogant replies? Value to the discussion would be appreicated.

 

For the record, I don't particuarly like all the guys I listed. The question was who can return round one value. Based on opportunity and talent, all of those guys have ability to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Crabtree is much better in the red zone than Thomas.  So I prefer Crabtree despite the fact that they are essentially the same age.

 

Crabtree has also had much better QB play than DT the past 3 years. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

Crabtree has also had much better QB play than DT the past 3 years. 

Back when Demaryius Thomas used to score touchdowns, many of them were long TDs.  Thomas has never been very good in the red zone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

How about you provide an explanation instead of your typical arrogant replies? Value to the discussion would be appreicated.

 

For the record, I don't particuarly like all the guys I listed. The question was who can return round one value. Based on opportunity and talent, all of those guys have ability to do so.

 

What, are you trying to make me spew AGAIN?  Quit saying that...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lolcopter said:

 

And yet he still has top 15 potential, if you don’t wanna draft him then don’t. I like free value

Who doesn't have top 15 potential?   if they didn't we wouldn't be drafting them in the first 5 rounds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

 

If I drank coffee, I'm sure I would have spit it all over my screen by now.

Do you understand how any of this works?   The only ones that would have first-round potential for next year would be the ones that we haven't seen play yet, or else  they wouldn't be drafted so late.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Axe Elf said:

 

What, are you trying to make me spew AGAIN?  Quit saying that...

I’ll ask everyone to back up a point when they are making a claim. It should be common sense to support an opinion with facts or at the least reason but you seem to expect people to take you for your word because...reasons. 

Edited by Gohawks
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I’ll ask everyone to back up a point when they are making a claim. It should be common sense to support an opinion with facts or at the least reason but you seem to expect people to take you for your word because...reasons. 

 

And "reasons" are why Sony Michel and Amari Cooper will be 1st round picks next year?

 

Damn, I made MYSELF guffaw there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...