NBC Sports Edge Forums

58 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Not that Im defending how bad Nelson was last season, but there was no way that Hundley was going to support 2 WRs.

Helps that he targeted Adams almost twice as much

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lost 3 really good offensive linemen. Lost a dual threat QB, who can also throw better than any of the QBs they brought in. Worst WR corps in the league.   DND.

Who are your biggest busts for the 2018 season?  Here are mine:   Lesean McCoy - bad QB, bad o-line, 30 years old, huge career workload Jordan Howard - less carries, more passing in Chi

Whatever excuse you want to use for Jordy and Demaryius, last year those fantasy managers who invested heavily in them were left holding the bag, not that I didn't warn them. 

If you go into 2018 and end up with a 2012 All-Star squad (McCoy, J. Nelson, D. Thomas, Marshawn, Brees, Gore) your team is not going to succeed, 4 year averages or no.

2 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

It's not that I didn't look it up, just that I don't think I can add anything new that wasn't already pointed out in the Keenum thread. I can paste some highlights (see below), but I'd suggest you read through the Keenum thread. More than that, watch some of his highlights from last year: true, he's been mediocre for four years in the NFL, but last year, his fifth, Keenum played outstandingly. Not just good. I'm not suggesting he'll dominate QBs this coming season, but yes, he's an upgrade over 2016 Semien's 59% completion rate and 1.8:1 TD:INT ratio (Keenum at 67.6% completion / 3.1:1 TD:INT).

If you don't see Keenum as an upgrade, if you don't see DThomas as a value pick assured to outproduce his ADP, that's on you.

Here are some goodies from the Keenum thread, and more.

AcrobaticKeyGoa-max-1mb.gif

adams-screen.gif?w=499&h=271

You do realize that statistics are the only thing that matter in fantasy football, right?

Trevor Siemien 2016:  14 games, 486 attempts, 3401 yards, 18 TD's

Case Keenum 2017:  14.5 games, 481 attempts, 3547 yards, 22 TD's

I fail to see how proving that Case Keenum just had a career year helps your case for Demaryius Thomas in 2018.  Keenum even had a better o-line, WR's, and TE than Siemien.  I never said Siemien was better, I said it wasn't really that far off from what Demaryius already had.

Also, you realize that highlight against the Saints is Sam Bradford, right?

Edited by RMJ_12
  • Haha 1

Siemian also had way more turnovers, more sacks, worse pocket presence and accuracy. If you don’t think that Keenum is a significant upgrade over the garbage Denver has trotted out at QB the last couple years then you either simply haven’t watched him play or your player evaluation is just total garbage.

Also given how this is the biggest busts thread, I fail to see how DT in the 5th even qualifies.

Edited by lolcopter
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Beerdown said:

Why are you guys down on Devante Adams?  I think he is super safe with Rodgers throwing him the ball, especially with no Jordy. 

I don’t think anyone is, his name will only mentioned when referencing Jordy (via comparison to DT)

7 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

You do realize that statistics are the only thing that matter in fantasy football, right? A good point, and fantasy is a week-by-week game, not a year-end stats game (though leagues have different scoring setups). Take at look at the QB ratings for an objective view at how these two QBs line up:

Trevor Siemien 2016:  14 games, 486 attempts, 3401 yards, 18 TD's + 10 INTs and a 50.4 QB rating https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-this-season

Case Keenum 2017:  14.5 games, 481 attempts, 3547 yards, 22 TD's + 7 INTS and a 98.3 QB rating

I fail to see how proving that Case Keenum just had a career year helps your case for Demaryius Thomas in 2018.  Keenum even had a better o-line, WR's, and TE than Siemien.  I never said Siemien was better, I said it wasn't really that far off from what Demaryius already had.

Siemian ranked as the 27th best QB at the end of 2016 (December 2016) https://www.milehighreport.com/2016/12/22/14055492/pro-football-focus-ranks-trevor-siemian-as-the-27th-best-starting

Case Keenum ranked as the 7th best QB at the end of the season (December 2017) https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Bolt/Case-Keenum-of-Minnesota-Vikings-ranked-as-7th-best-QB-so-far-in-2017-112229898

Also, you realize that highlight against the Saints is Sam Bradford, right? My gif archivist is a fan of ol' broken bones #8 and will be reprimanded

I usually see eye-to-eye with your posts, but I don't see how you can't see the Keenum upgrade, nor that DThomas is not a downgrade / bust. He's 1000 yards / 5-10 TDs, but as you point out, he's going in Round 5. Or Round 4. Or less than $20 in auction. He's durable. He's reliable. Seem my comments above in BLUE. Keep an open mind moving forward.

• Like 2

^ again I don't understand why you think QBR and # of interceptions matters for Demaryius Thomas' value.  The fact is even with a better QBR Keenum barely out-produced Siemien statically.

Your stats seem a bit off anyway.  In my league Case Keenum finished as the #14 QB not #7. He also had a QBR of 71 not 98.  Again I fail to see how they finished matters when they were roughly 20-30 fantasy points apart in their given years.

My issue with Thomas is that he's breaking down and has been on a decline for 3 straight seasons.  Demaryius at 30 does not equal most WR's at the age of 30.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

In all fairness that’s coming from a guy who thinks that Trevor Siemian is comparable to Case Keenum.

If you can't understand why the comparison was made that's on you.  Identical stats are identical stats.

And it was the 2nd post, not mine.

Edited by RMJ_12
1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

If you can't understand why the comparison was made that's on you.  Identical stats are identical stats.

Identical stats on two completely different teams means very little, just like the QB evaluation from a Jags fan

Just now, lolcopter said:

Identical stats on two completely different teams means very little, just like the QB evaluation from a Jags fan

You're right, Keenum was in a much better situation.

4 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

And it was the 2nd post, not mine.

On 6/12/2018 at 10:53 AM, RMJ_12 said:

Who are your biggest busts for the 2018 season?  Here are mine:

Davante Adams - added Graham, 3 WR's in draft.  Just not that talented

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Yes, being constantly undercut by his coaching staff despite an excellent winning record did wonders for him.

Edited by RMJ_12
18 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Funny you mention that.  I'm not a Blake Bortles supporter, but do you know who else had identical stats to Case Keenum in 2017?  Blake Bortles in 2017.

15 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Funny you mention that.  I'm not a Blake Bortles supporter, but do you know who else had identical stats to Case Keenum in 2017?  Blake Bortles in 2017.

And yet both teams managed to make their conference championship games

aGx7KKN_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by lolcopter

Keenum > Siemian

That being said, Keenum had the luxury of playing in the NFC North last year.  He's gonna be under a ton more QB pressure and on his a** a lot more playing in the AFC West.

Edited by kdko
4 minutes ago, kdko said:

Keenum > Siemian

That being said, Keenum had the luxury of playing in the NFC North last year.  He's gonna be under a ton more QB pressure and on his a** a lot more playing in the AFC West.

He had the best QBR under pressure last season, he’ll be fine

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-tom-brady-and-case-keenum-do-better-than-anyone-else/

17 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

He had the best QBR under pressure last season, he’ll be fine

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-tom-brady-and-case-keenum-do-better-than-anyone-else/

I still fail to see how QBR effects Demaryius' value.  He still had less yards and only 1 more TD than Bortles despite having a better QBR.  Does your league give WR's bonus points because of a good QBR?

Also Blake Bortles didn't have Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, and Kyle Rudolph.

Edited by RMJ_12
7 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

I still fail to see how QBR effects Demaryius' value.  He still had less yards and only 1 more TD than Bortles despite having a better QBR.  Does your league give WR's bonus points because of a good QBR?

Also Blake Bortles didn't have Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, and Kyle Rudolph.

How is a 5th round pick a bust again? It’s all about potential value, and if you don’t think DT represents potential top 15 value at that ADP as outlined by Axe then don’t draft him and pick some rookies instead. Again, don’t really see how this discussion applies to this specific thread at all, but yeah no way DT improves ever. Players can only improve if they’re under 30 years of age apparently, regardless of team dynamics.

I don't use my 5th round picks on broken down has-beens in steep three year declines, even if they have the prospect of marginally improved quarterback play.  Not how I play fantasy football.  If that's the way you like to play, help yourself.  I am trying for guys that may be next year's 1st or 2nd round picks.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I don't use my 5th round picks on broken down has-beens in steep three year declines, even if they have the prospect of marginally improved quarterback play.  Not how I play fantasy football.  If that's the way you like to play, help yourself.  I am trying for guys that may be next year's 1st or 2nd round picks.

kinda like Adam Thielen in double digit rounds last season? Oh wait you overpaid for their WR2

also don’t draft DT, I probably won’t. But again not really relevant to this thread at all. In order to qualify as a bust the expectations should be high which they’re clearly not

Edited by lolcopter