NBC Sports Edge Forums

Need a Shortstop very badly so would giving up Rendon for Alex Bregman be fair?  I know Rendon has more counting stat upside but Bregman plays a premium position I need help at.  So is giving away some upside for an upgrade at position of need a solid trade off?

I'd be less likely to make the trade if I felt Rendon was likely to regain his 2017 form sometime soon.  Is there any underlying evidence suggesting he is due for an upswing in performance?  Thanks.

7 hours ago, Magnus88 said:

Need a Shortstop very badly so would giving up Rendon for Alex Bregman be fair?  I know Rendon has more counting stat upside but Bregman plays a premium position I need help at.  So is giving away some upside for an upgrade at position of need a solid trade off?

I'd be less likely to make the trade if I felt Rendon was likely to regain his 2017 form sometime soon.  Is there any underlying evidence suggesting he is due for an upswing in performance?  Thanks.

Rendon doesn't have any more upside than Bregman does. If anything, Bregmans is higher. Bregman is playing better now. Bregman is eligible at SS/3B. Get Bregman and don't think twice. 

6 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

Rendon doesn't have any more upside than Bregman does. If anything, Bregmans is higher. Bregman is playing better now. Bregman is eligible at SS/3B. Get Bregman and don't think twice. 

Ditto

I had them on similar tiers going into the year if you were looking at 3B - obviously Bregman has SS eligibility this year which bumps his value.  they are similar players Bregman will out-bag him though if things kind of hold   Bregman has been a little disappointment for those who hoped he was gonna take that big leap forward but...he may fill that narrative of a slow starter and have another great 2nd half like he did last year.  Honestly for me its Bregman and not really that close IMO especially with you needing a SS

10 hours ago, sngehl01 said:

this