NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kawhi Leonard 2018-19 Season Thread

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A team that revolves around lowry and Jv? Have you ever watched a raptors game in your life?    Jonas played 22.4 mpg. His usage was 22.5. Lowry had an ever lower usage of 21.5.  

Garnett joined a loaded BOS roster with Pierce, Ray Allen and Rondo.   TOR traded their highest usage player (DeRozen) for Kawhi.  He's also going to a team with the 3rd highest pace (SA was

I'd actually argue that it's better to be traded than sign as a FA because TOR just gave up their #1 usage player to get Kawhi.  LeBron & Durant went to teams with multiple superstars (Wade, Bosh

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

How couldn't he be bought low if his owner in head to head league got frustrated by annoying DNP-rest? 

OK but what constitutes a buy low for you? His owners, if they were looking to move him, would still be asking for another 1st round player or at the very least, a top 20 player and a whole lot of high quality depth. Buy low to me is getting a top 5-7 player for like a 3rd-4th round guy and there's no way in hell you're getting that. So no, he can't be bought low because of him resting 

Edited by fabrar
2 hours ago, croydonfacelift said:

Hey look another trash game from the best player in fantasy. Come on dude, get your head right. 

At best he's the 3rd best sf in fantasy behind KD and PG right now. Lebron and Giannis also up for debate. 

5 hours ago, yeet said:

best player in fantasy? lawl

That was poor attempt at satire on my part. Some dumbass around here was talking him up that way I think. 

That being said, he’s not even close to the optimistic projections. Low second round player on the year so far, and my fantasy season is

more than half way over. 

4 minutes ago, croydonfacelift said:

That was poor attempt at satire on my part. Some dumbass around here was talking him up that way I think. 

That being said, he’s not even close to the optimistic projections. Low second round player on the year so far, and my fantasy season is

more than half way over. 

What? Kawhi's ranked 6th this season, 4th if you're punting assists like most Kawhi owners are. His total value is down due to missing games from b2b, but that should stop soon. He's literally putting up the stats optimistic projections believed he could. 'Not even close', lmao. 

Sad owner salty that your team sucks and blaming it on a player. If you can't understand the fact that a player can have a cold shooting night and that steals and blocks vary a lot between games, quit fantasy. Crying across multiple threads that his players aren't dropping 40 points every game :lol::lol:

• Thanks 1

Per game is meaningless. He’s low second round on the year in totals, which is what actually counts. These s---y games are just adding insult to injury. 

And anyone one who can’t admit that Kawhi and Butler are genuine disappointments is frankly a little unsound in their thinking. 

Edited by croydonfacelift

I love having Kawhi in the fact that: He is #6 overall in nine-cat and a 27 point, 9 rebound game with no other stats is bad for his standards lol. I'd be through the roof getting that from most of the other guys on my team. Will say that I hope Lowry gets healthier because his efficiency and other stats are usually better playing with him.

8 hours ago, croydonfacelift said:

more than half way over. 

7 hours ago, croydonfacelift said:

Per game is meaningless. He’s low second round on the year in totals, which is what actually counts. These s---y games are just adding insult to injury. 

And anyone one who can’t admit that Kawhi and Butler are genuine disappointments is frankly a little unsound in their thinking. 

I'm confused. On a per game basis he's been incredible. You drafted Kawhi not expecting him to be rested some nights after missing almost all of last year with injury?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

I'm confused. On a per game basis he's been incredible. You drafted Kawhi not expecting him to be rested some nights after missing almost all of last year with injury?

Yeah this seems more like a GM problem than a player problem. Kawhi missed pretty much all of last year, and now he's on a team that will do everything it can to retain him long-term - which means being very careful with his health and making sure a repeat of last year's fiasco doesn't repeat itself. It was a 100% given that Kawhi would be rested and if you didn't see it coming, I don't know what to tell you. That's the risk you take with elite players on top-seeded teams. Same thing will happen to KD/Curry too. 

8 hours ago, croydonfacelift said:

Who the heck goes by totals? You're telling me Curry is not top 3 right now?

On 12/31/2018 at 9:05 AM, mcflywalker said:

So you guys are still thinking he gets rested from here on? I’m glad bucks are doing well, should keep things competitive in that regard.

Coach Nick Nurse said prior to Saturday's game that he thinks Kawhi Leonard will start playing full back-to-backs come January.
"I think we are there," Nurse said. "I think, after we get here to the new year, we'll be there. No promises, but I think we're there." We've seen this movie before with Leonard, who sat out Saturday's second leg of a back-to-back for load management. This might be the most confident Nurse has been in this conversation, but until Kawhi actually plays both legs of a back-to-back set, it will just talk. His first chance will be the weekend of Jan. 5 and 6, which is the first of the Raptors' three back-to-backs of the month
On 12/31/2018 at 2:21 AM, croydonfacelift said:

more than half way over. 

So you’re whining about a player drafted in the 2nd round providing low 2nd round value?

I’m first in my league with Kawhi, so maybe you should be looking at the rest of your team. All you really need to do in H2H is to sneak into playoffs. If you can’t do that, then your team was never good enough to begin with.