NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kawhi Leonard 2018-19 Season Thread

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A team that revolves around lowry and Jv? Have you ever watched a raptors game in your life?    Jonas played 22.4 mpg. His usage was 22.5. Lowry had an ever lower usage of 21.5.  

Garnett joined a loaded BOS roster with Pierce, Ray Allen and Rondo.   TOR traded their highest usage player (DeRozen) for Kawhi.  He's also going to a team with the 3rd highest pace (SA was

I'd actually argue that it's better to be traded than sign as a FA because TOR just gave up their #1 usage player to get Kawhi.  LeBron & Durant went to teams with multiple superstars (Wade, Bosh

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Flamez said:

I understand that this is more of an AC Forum question but I think it's important we add this here for all the people feeling like how I feel. 

Whats a good rage trade for him ? 

My suggestion would be to take some deep breaths, maybe meditate for 10 or so minutes.  Do some stretches, maybe go for a little jog around the block.  Eat some healthy food - a berry smoothie would do the trick, or some leafy greens.  Then sit back down, open up your fantasy page, and hopefully by now you'll have come to the conclusion that rage trading is not the answer, for you will be regretting giving up a top 10 player (when active) for someone like Jamal Murray or Zach Lavine; good players, no doubt, but not players who will lead you to the Promise Land.

I would wait for Kawhi to string some solid games together (which we all know he will), and maybe package him and another one of your quality fellows in a 2 for 1 (or whatever), aiming for a top 15 pick (i.e., Beal, Gobert, or you can reach for the stars - some stars are closer than others - and aim for someone like Durant, Lillard or Curry).

I feel your rage, friend, but one must learn to channel it into something more productive.  Saying howdy to a neighbor and helping them unload their groceries is much more productive than impulsively trading Leonard for Bledsoe.  I for one am in a tight match-up and will likely lose the week given this news, and even worse, lose my odds at securing a second round seed and, in turn earning a bye week in the first playoff round.  But it's all good, all we can do is act accordingly, and I have no doubt, Flamez, that you can make today a good day.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

What did you expect from him?   To play in 82 games?

I expect uninjured players to play. Maybe a couple games rest last two weeks of season if they need rest for playoffs. But this b.s. along with the Davis nonsense is seriously making me consider not following the NBA and not making it a part of my kids’ lives. It’s just rank behavior. 

4 hours ago, Nica4two said:

My suggestion would be to take some deep breaths, maybe meditate for 10 or so minutes.  Do some stretches, maybe go for a little jog around the block.  Eat some healthy food - a berry smoothie would do the trick, or some leafy greens.  Then sit back down, open up your fantasy page, and hopefully by now you'll have come to the conclusion that rage trading is not the answer, for you will be regretting giving up a top 10 player (when active) for someone like Jamal Murray or Zach Lavine; good players, no doubt, but not players who will lead you to the Promise Land.

I would wait for Kawhi to string some solid games together (which we all know he will), and maybe package him and another one of your quality fellows in a 2 for 1 (or whatever), aiming for a top 15 pick (i.e., Beal, Gobert, or you can reach for the stars - some stars are closer than others - and aim for someone like Durant, Lillard or Curry).

I feel your rage, friend, but one must learn to channel it into something more productive.  Saying howdy to a neighbor and helping them unload their groceries is much more productive than impulsively trading Leonard for Bledsoe.  I for one am in a tight match-up and will likely lose the week given this news, and even worse, lose my odds at securing a second round seed and, in turn earning a bye week in the first playoff round.  But it's all good, all we can do is act accordingly, and I have no doubt, Flamez, that you can make today a good day.

HAHAHAHAHAHA thank you for this. s--- made me roll so I appreciate you for that but in all seriousness for teams like us that are at the top and can afford to trade him for someone who is slightly worse but is guaranteed to play every game... it makes complete sense to trade him for a little less value.

What is wrong with you people?

You drafted a guy that sat out basically the entire season last year because he didn’t want to play in SA. Now he is on another team that he didn’t really want to go to. Yet you still drafted him knowing that but rather than acknowledging your own incompetence you wish actual harm on the dude. f--- out of here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

You drafted a guy that sat out basically the entire season last year because he didn’t want to play in SA. Now he is on another team that he didn’t really want to go to. Yet you still drafted him knowing that but rather than acknowledging your own incompetence you wish actual harm on the dude. f--- out of here. 

You’re an apologist for pussies. 

58 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Again, I own in him in a dynasty league. I didn’t draft him this year. I’ve never wished harm on him, I just want him to play basketball since he’s healthy and being paid to play. Nothing incompetent about that. 

Edited by aMediumPace
Spelling
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

You said: " just hoping he just get a nightmare and don't wake up at all. "

Are you hoping he dies? Dude, it is just fantasy basketball, relax

ok my bad that is so harsh..then i'll just wish he gets diarrhea for 10 years and then constipation for another 10 years.

10 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Anyone involved in a Kawhi trade these past couple weeks? Curious to see what he's going for esp. in straight up trades. I'm about to offer my Kawhi for Buddy Hield straight up in my points league. I cant afford to have 2 game weeks out of Kawhi during the playoffs. 

The dude coming first just got off Leonard and DSJ for Holiday and Tatum. 

Reasonable considering Holiday also has his shut down concerns.

9 hours ago, Raiiny said:

Well although I been first place by far in my league with Kawhi and Embiid as my best players, it's pretty much over now at the end of the season. 

Im in the same boat.  Changed my team name to “Load Management”

• Like 1