NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kawhi Leonard 2018-19 Season Thread

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A team that revolves around lowry and Jv? Have you ever watched a raptors game in your life?    Jonas played 22.4 mpg. His usage was 22.5. Lowry had an ever lower usage of 21.5.  

Garnett joined a loaded BOS roster with Pierce, Ray Allen and Rondo.   TOR traded their highest usage player (DeRozen) for Kawhi.  He's also going to a team with the 3rd highest pace (SA was

I'd actually argue that it's better to be traded than sign as a FA because TOR just gave up their #1 usage player to get Kawhi.  LeBron & Durant went to teams with multiple superstars (Wade, Bosh

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 9:03 PM, Padilla814 said:

I hope the Magic sweep the Raptors.. Kawhi should sit game 2 for “load management”

Figured I should quote this... Kawhi has been showing up in the playoffs, no doubt about it. Not a fan of his but will give him that respect.

• Like 1

I still maintain my opinion, repeat my opinion, that if dirty-a** Pachulia didn’t take out Klaw, the Spurs would have beat them and went on to win the title. Instead, living in the Bay Area, all I am hearing is a bunch of BS about 5 straight Finals and greatest team ever blah blah from a bunch of bandwagon fans that don’t even know the difference between a 2pt and 3pt basket. And don’t get me started on the Cupcake. 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 4:58 PM, ginocan said:

I still maintain my opinion, repeat my opinion, that if dirty-a** Pachulia didn’t take out Klaw, the Spurs would have beat them and went on to win the title. Instead, living in the Bay Area, all I am hearing is a bunch of BS about 5 straight Finals and greatest team ever blah blah from a bunch of bandwagon fans that don’t even know the difference between a 2pt and 3pt basket. And don’t get me started on the Cupcake. 

This. This. This. If Pachulia didn't stick his foot under Kawhi when they were getting the brakes beaten off them by 35, the warriors would've lost 100%

LBJ the GOAT tho

Edited by Auction>Snake
4 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I know what I said

I have nothing against Kawhi being well cared for, on a rest routine, given sports science as we currently know it.  I do have a problem with managing his load, however.  I like him, but not like that...

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, young_styler said:

Kawhi is my favorite player but I don't think I can take him before pick #12 this year.  Pretty much a lock to miss around 20 games for rest. Finished #17 in total value this year. 

On second thought, just looking at the guys around 9-12, they'll also be injury prone so it's really a risk either way. 

Harden

AD

Steph

KAT

Giannis 

PG

Jokic 

Dame 

******* risk *******

Kawhi 

Kyrie

Embiid

LeBron/Vuc/Jimmy 

So yeah, ignore my original post 😂

Yeah taking kawhi in the top 10 is a risk. He'll probably be a top 2 player IRL but based on what I've heard, to prevent his injuries he'll likely need to be load-managed for the rest of his career. So expect him to miss 20 games or so, maybe more, every year from now. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Yeah taking kawhi in the top 10 is a risk. He'll probably be a top 2 player IRL but based on what I've heard, to prevent his injuries he'll likely need to be load-managed for the rest of his career. So expect him to miss 20 games or so, maybe more, every year from now. 

I'd take him top 5 in roto for sure.  In H2H games played during the fantasy playoffs is the most important factor.  If they have a good PO schedule I'd take him in the first round in H2H too.  But if they have a poor PO schedule, coupled with his rest days, he almost becomes a DND at his ADP.