NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Thoughts on keepers (WHIR)

My team and info for those on mobile:

12 team, PPR, 1pt/5 rushes, Min. keep 8 (or more by giving up picks);  start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1flex, 1 D/ST; 

Two games/week;    2018 draft, picking at 1.04, 1.05, 2.04, and 5th pick rounds 3-8

QB-   Rodgers*       RB-   Howard*,   Hyde*,  AJones,   Kelley,   Barber,   McGuire,  Gallman

WR-  ABrown*,   DAdams*,  Gordon*,  Funchess, Westbrook    TE-   Graham*,  Olsen*   D-  Eagles 

* = probable keepers;  could drop a TE for Westbrook or AJones

My first two picks are 1.04 and 1.05 and will be going rookie RBs with both.  Looking for eight keepers.  Figuring Rodgers, Howard, Brown, Adams, Gordon and Olsen are the locks.  Don't see how I can't keep Hyde at least for now.  So with the last spot, do you prefer Aaron Jones, Dede Westbrook or Jimmy Graham?  Ideally, I'd like to trade a TE since I can't start both without sitting one of my stud WRs.  But no one's biting just yet.

Thanks!  And leave your link!

33 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

You said you're looking for 8 keepers, listed 6 players as locks, and then said you needed one more.

Well, I insinuated that Hyde would be #7. 

There is no advantage in keeping less than eight.  You can keep more, but you start giving back draft picks, starting with your first.

Edited by Bandito

Jones, Funchess and Graham are the top 3, IMO. With how weak the TE position looks, you might be able to swing Olsen or Graham early in the season for something of value. Could even dangle one of them out there on draft day for another rookie pick. 

At the 1.4 and 1.5, you should have Chubb there so id definitely be looking at him so you can secure the early down role in Cleveland with Hyde. Depending on how your league drafts, you’ll probably also have guys like R Freeman, K Johnson, maybe S Michel available to you. If Michel is there at 1.4, you take him without hesitation in PPR.  

On 6/16/2018 at 9:40 AM, Mr2Saint said:

At the 1.4 and 1.5, you should have Chubb there so id definitely be looking at him so you can secure the early down role in Cleveland with Hyde. Depending on how your league drafts, you’ll probably also have guys like R Freeman, K Johnson, maybe S Michel available to you. If Michel is there at 1.4, you take him without hesitation in PPR.  

Some teams will keep more than eight, so there will probably be about 110 players off the board.  Historically, the first round of our draft is rookie-heavy, and RB-heavy.  So I feel pretty safe saying Barkley, Guice, Michel, Freeman, Chubb, Penny, Jones, and Johnson will all go in our first round.

Also, for what it's worth, we do a traditional draft, not a snake.  So I pick 1.4, 1.5, 2.4, then the fifth pick for the next seven rounds. The guy holding both 1.2 and 1.3 has crap RBs, so he's definitely taking two.

I’d keep Aaron Jones. I think he takes that starting role this year. 

I’m almost tempted to say keep Graham instead of Hyde though. Hyde doesn’t do too much for me. I know he will be the lead back starting out, but for how long?But you did say you can’t start 2 TE’s, so you’d only be keeping 2 to trade 1 of them. I’d continue to try to shop 1 of them, but if no luck, I might just keep Hyde based on the fact that he is the lead back for now. 

I would keep Funches over Graham personally so swap them. That's an awesome start to your wr core. Then just focus on RB with your first two picks. Any combination of Jones/Chubb/Johnson/Penny (that is my order guessing Barkley/Guice/Michel go 1-3)