NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Need Help Setting Rosters - Superflex

I need the community's experience and wisdom:

Our league is 12-team Redraft 0.5 PPR.  We use FAAB.

We are moving to a Superflex for sure.  We ran 2 WR last year, but I am considering adding a WR3 starting spot this year.  My goals are these:

1. Thin waiver wire with options early on, but mostly bare by end of season (at least a few options mid-season).

2.  Balance of value with QB, RB, WR positions for draft strategy and trades. 

3. Ability to teams to make moves to put themselves in a competitive situation all season. 

4.  Enough bench spots to feel okay, but uncomfortable enough to make you difficult trade or add/drop decisions throughout the season.

Please look especially at the bench and if I should have 2 or 3 WR starting spots.  Thank you!

Here is the Roster I am considering:

QB

RB1

RB2

WR1

WR2

WR3

TE

FLEX (R/W/T)

SF (Q/R/W/T)

DST

K

7 BENCH SPOTS

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Beerdown said:

I need the community's experience and wisdom:

Our league is 12-team Redraft 0.5 PPR.  We use FAAB.

We are moving to a Superflex for sure.  We ran 2 WR last year, but I am considering adding a WR3 starting spot this year.  My goals are these:

1. Thin waiver wire with options early on, but mostly bare by end of season (at least a few options mid-season).

2.  Balance of value with QB, RB, WR positions for draft strategy and trades. 

3. Ability to teams to make moves to put themselves in a competitive situation all season. 

4.  Enough bench spots to feel okay, but uncomfortable enough to make you difficult trade or add/drop decisions throughout the season.

Please look especially at the bench and if I should have 2 or 3 WR starting spots.  Thank you!

Here is the Roster I am considering:

QB

RB1

RB2

WR1

WR2

WR3

TE

FLEX (R/W/T)

SF (Q/R/W/T)

DST

K

7 BENCH SPOTS

Thank you!

That setup you've got there will do everything except #2. 

There's no balance formed when you can start an extra QB. It's just essentially a 2 QB league at that point. QBs are just way better than any other position. 

On 6/17/2018 at 12:27 AM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

That setup you've got there will do everything except #2. 

There's no balance formed when you can start an extra QB. It's just essentially a 2 QB league at that point. QBs are just way better than any other position

That's only true if the passing TDs were 6 points. Being a 4 pt setup, I think the balance will be just fine.

Looks like an interesting setup, seems fun! I like leagues that break the norm and make things interesting.