NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Soriano or Wheeler

I think we all agree that Soriano is the better pitcher, but I thought Wheeler might be the guy to have based on this note from yesterday....and yes I also realize that neither is a great long term option, but I have 6 prospective closers right now. Just trying to steal a few saves, you know?

John Smoltz (shoulder) is scheduled to make his next minor league rehab start Thursday at Single-A.

Smoltz's timetable was pushed back a bit by the flu, but if things go well Thursday he could be cleared to come off the disabled list as soon as this weekend. He's expected to slide into the closer role right away.

Thanks for the advice all

I think we all agree that Soriano is the better pitcher, but I thought Wheeler might be the guy to have based on this note from yesterday....and yes I also realize that neither is a great long term option, but I have 6 prospective closers right now. Just trying to steal a few saves, you know?

John Smoltz (shoulder) is scheduled to make his next minor league rehab start Thursday at Single-A.

Smoltz's timetable was pushed back a bit by the flu, but if things go well Thursday he could be cleared to come off the disabled list as soon as this weekend. He's expected to slide into the closer role right away.

Thanks for the advice all

tough call there is no one clear cut choice and ive been reading the same things

id go with wheeler just because soriano seems always to be injured plus smoltz should be back soon enough

check out mine--- http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=70547

Archived